Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi anyone and everyone,

Have any of you guys or gals installed and used a Dart Piranha Fly Screen as a way of deflecting air? As much as I love the Bobber on the twisty country roads, opening it up on a motorway my upper body becomes a giant sail. The piranha screen is the only one that I could stomach fitting to help counteract being ripped off the bike at high speed but as it is quite small, I don't know if it would be any good for that.

https://www.dartflyscreens.co.uk/products/triumph-bobber-piranha

I've seen other screens posted here but none have really been my cup of tea (coffee for our state side cousins).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi anyone and everyone,

Have any of you guys or gals installed and used a Dart Piranha Fly Screen as a way of deflecting air? As much as I love the Bobber on the twisty country roads, opening it up on a motorway my upper body becomes a giant sail. The piranha screen is the only one that I could stomach fitting to help counteract being ripped off the bike at high speed but as it is quite small, I don't know if it would be any good for that.

https://www.dartflyscreens.co.uk/products/triumph-bobber-piranha

I've seen other screens posted here but none have really been my cup of tea (coffee for our state side cousins).

Have had mine for a few months. Helps deflect a little off my chest. Noticeable but not dramatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Have had mine for a few months. Helps deflect a little off my chest. Noticeable but not dramatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks James, much apreciated. I like the screen but at 6 foot 2 inches it's not going to do much for me then perhaps i should just lower the seat, relax and slow down a little.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/national-cycle-deflector-screen-windshield-quickset

I got this one last year. Much better, but sort of obnoxious (from my perspective). I use it when i do day long rides, but it comes off right afterwards.. With my panners, i feel like a 30's motorcycle cop. No bueno, as a downtown Chicago resident.

Low and slow.. sorry pal.
You're a stronger man than me. I just dont think I could ride with that one on my bike without constantly crying and saying 'why have you done this' from inside of my crash helmet. I have a friend that live in Chicargo, I have no idea where in Chicargo, just that its near a great pizza place, but I guess that could be anywhere there.

I think I'll give the Dart screen a go and see what it does for me.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I toyed with the idea as the teeny little fly screen you get for a 955 triple made a huge difference BUT the noise of the disturbed air forced earplugs at /ahem motorway speeds, i can live with a constant air blast at 80 but really don't want another drawer filler if i don't get on with it

Reactions: ArmchairHero

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I toyed with the idea as the teeny little fly screen you get for a 955 triple made a huge difference BUT the noise of the disturbed air forced earplugs at /ahem motorway speeds, i can live with a constant air blast at 80 but really don't want another drawer filler if i don't get on with it
I was thinking about having a screen made from aluminium, that way it I could get it closer to the bike and bubble out a space where the speedo would sit. I wear ear plugs (link below) when heading out on the motorway as my crash hat has loads of wind noise and I totally agree with extra bits filling up the house. I still have a touring screen from my PX'd Yamaha MT09 Tracer still here taking up room (I'm really bad at ebaying stuff).

Senner MusicPro Soft hearing protection earplugs for concerts, music, festivals and clubs, with aluminium box, clear/transparent https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N21FPDI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ZbXHBb55VK5NX

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I recently put the classic dart flyscreen on my bobber, does a good job and it's not obnoxious looking....IMHO
Hi Jim, thank you for your input. I think I'll be getting the smaller Dart fly screen in hope it will divert some air atleast from my chest.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I love the Dart Piranha. It looks good on the bike, not very noticeable, and for me (at 5’7”) with apes, it does a good job dissipating the air up and around me. I noticed the helmet wind buffeting has been alleviated to almost being non-existent after putting it on. At > 6’, though? It might not help you as much.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not onto the handlebars at all. The Dart screen comes with clamps that fit onto the top fork stanchionsand all takes no more than about ten minutes to fit. I’ve had mine on nearly a year now and I wouldn’t be without it. Originally, I wanted a similar screen made in aluminum but am really happy with the Dart Piranha.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just mounted the Dart Classic screen (the larger one, not the Piranha) and it seems to work great on first short ride. Provides some chest protection up to about mid faceshield. First ride I had it adjusted tight to the headlight, adjusted to about an inch above the headlight and it’s working great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts