Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found a Matt black straight through pipe type exhaust for the Bobber Black? I'm not overly keen on the standard cans and am only seeing exhausts similar to the original. Im looking for a straight through pipe really, but nervous about the amount of noise. Anyone got a straight through pipe in matt black and if so where form and noise issues?

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
British Customs do something that's pretty much straight through, and the Zard is also almost straight through. Can't get away from the noise of straight-throughs though: no baffles, no noise reduction.

·
Registered
712 Posts
British Customs Sleeper Pros are lightly baffled with a big straight open bore down the middle. They sound fantastic with a Motone X-Pipe. Sort of a snarly small block Chevy tone. Plenty loud when you want them to be but tolerable in neighborhoods if you watch the throttle. I wear a tight full-face helmet and can just barely get by without needing to add earplugs.

-GPz

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yep, what Pasta said.

I had a set of BC drag pipes with an x-pipe on mine, loved the look, but they are really LOUD with the x-pipe in place! I ended up with a set of Tridents which seem to be a perfect balance of volume and sound.

I did not have any issues with the noise of the BC's, with the authorities here, But straight piped Harley's are the default bikes here..:wink2:

Not sure what the actual decibel levels were, but I'd have to guess in the 90's. I didn't usually ride it with out ear plugs, on the odd occasion when I did, it was only for very short distances and my ears were ringing in no time flat..

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Silly question, but would i need to have painted first then ceramic coating or the coating would be in any colour, apologies but never heard of it.

·
Registered
690 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The problem with that is it's a US based company and I'm in the UK. Would prefer to order from the UK to be honest. Have added to my favourites bar, just in case.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The problem with that is it's a US based company and I'm in the UK. Would prefer to order from the UK to be honest. Have added to my favourites bar, just in case.
Ceramic coating is probably the finish on the BB stock exhaust. No need for you to prep the pipes. The coater will do what needs to be done before the coating process...and you can get it done in the UK. I had my stainless system done for $250.00.

Chico

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the X pipe also. How loud are we talking. I'm not adverse to a dopey car driver hearing me from miles away, but I'm not into upsetting the neighbours everytime I'm starting it up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have the X pipe also. How loud are we talking. I'm not adverse to a dopey car driver hearing me from miles away, but I'm not into upsetting the neighbours everytime I'm starting it up.
I did the airbox delete and just put these on with the cat in. It's no blow your neighbors away loud. I think they are tolerable.

With the x pipe I'd say you're going to be up there in decibels. I'd go with the tridents and remove the baffles if they aren't loud enough

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
I also have the BC pipes, and almost went with the cat delete, but I work in production and sometimes have to leave my house very early for some jobs, and the cat delete would make it tough to take the bike through my neighborhood before 5 am.

What sold me on the British Customs products are (at the time I bought mine) that if you buy from them, you have 30 days to install and potentially return. So there is not much of a risk if you don’t like them.

It’s not as loud as my old monster with full termignoni, but loud enough to tell someone they shouldn’t be texting and driving while splitting lanes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi....fitted Trident pipes to my Bobber Black last week, they look great and are good value but be warned, if you have a decat/Xpipe it’s really loud with the baffles in and completely crazy if you remove them!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts