Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm over at Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston, WA to get a customer seat fitted. It is an all day affair here and they shave the foam and customize to the nth degree. I'll post pics once we are all done.

The seat is off!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm over at Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston, WA to get a customer seat fitted. It is an all day affair here and they shave the foam and customize to the nth degree. I'll post pics once we are all done.

The seat is off!
Teaser

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's beautiful. Really well done! How does it feel in comparison to the stock seat? What are the primary differences between stock and your custom seat? Also... is Rich's Custom Seats ready for the flood of remote orders from the rest of us on the forum? :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's beautiful. Really well done! How does it feel in comparison to the stock seat? What are the primary differences between stock and your custom seat? Also... is Rich's Custom Seats ready for the flood of remote orders from the rest of us on the forum :).
They widened the seat and removed the pressure points on my sit bones. The stocker did not have enough padding for me on the lower seat pan. I am 5'8" 205. Also added a gel foam to give it more cushioning. It gives way more support on the outer edges if it makes sense. For me the piece that cups you was too small and rigid. The curve they put in cups me more.

Rich's will do custom orders via mail, but he will require pictures of you on the bike. The real value comes in test riding and shaving the foam in real time and going through all the different offerings.

I encourage you to give them a call. His team is first class.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I checked out their site. There's a great video on the process:

Was the process that you went through the same as the video?

This summer I'll be taking a motorcycle trip through Minnesota, the Dakotas, Wyoming, and Montana. Regrettably not enough time to drop into the Seattle area. However, his work certainly has me thinking about planning a road trip to Washington area next summer! Thanks for the introduction to his work.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I checked out their site. There's a great video on the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReMQF3XWhvQ

Was the process that you went through the same as the video?

This summer I'll be taking a motorcycle trip through Minnesota, the Dakotas, Wyoming, and Montana. Regrettably not enough time to drop into the Seattle area. However, his work certainly has me thinking about planning a road trip to Washington area next summer! Thanks for the introduction to his work.
Yup! I got in at 8:30 AM and didn't finish until 3:00 PM. Super thorough and got EVERYTHING right. I've had a Corbin before and they don't hold a candle to Mike. A couple came in from Canada today and Rich's shop has a hotel room upstairs so you can stay the night if you are coming in from afar.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yup! I got in at 8:30 AM and didn't finish until 3:00 PM. Super thorough and got EVERYTHING right. I've had a Corbin before and they don't hold a candle to Mike. A couple came in from Canada today and Rich's shop has a hotel room upstairs so you can stay the night if you are coming in from afar.
That's great to know. I'm definitely interested in his work. Plus I love the Seattle area.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Stunning seat!
It looks both amazing & comfortable.
I really like the design, fabric & color choice too.
Undoubtedly one of the most important part of a bike and looks like you nailed it!
Hope you enjoy many comfortable miles!! :smile2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
They widened the seat and removed the pressure points on my sit bones. The stocker did not have enough padding for me on the lower seat pan. I am 5'8" 205. Also added a gel foam to give it more cushioning. It gives way more support on the outer edges if it makes sense. For me the piece that cups you was too small and rigid. The curve they put in cups me more.

Rich's will do custom orders via mail, but he will require pictures of you on the bike. The real value comes in test riding and shaving the foam in real time and going through all the different offerings.

I encourage you to give them a call. His team is first class.
Whats the price?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rich does awesome work. And now after 800 miles on the seat, it's broken I. And the padding is softening up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts