Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black And Blue
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's taken me a while, but thanks to the encouragement of a few of you fine folk, I've started to resurrect this trashed bike I got at auction.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to @ScareKro for supplying me with parts from his bike to help me get mine on the road.

Bicycle part Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior Gas
He very generously donated this box-o-bits to the project!

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire

I've got it back to parts I'll mostly keep.

While I like the idea of using a seafoam can as part of the exhaust system, I prefer the original muffler!

Paint Cylinder Gas Font Wood

Plumbing fixture Bicycle part Tool Nickel Composite material

And the pegs look much better stock, rather than distressed.
Bicycle part Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive tire

A friend of mine is starting a chapel of kindness and asked for stories of kindness received, so I wrote this one for the wall:

A Karma Triumph

I occasionally buy broken vehicles from auctions and try to fix them. It is a pleasant addiction that distracts me in challenging times, and keeps me covered in grease and in the garage.
I saw a one-year-old English motorcycle in a nearby auction and put in a ridiculous bid ending in 666 and won the thing without paying too much heed to the two tiny photos online.
Excited, I rented a trailer and went out to pick up my new Triumph, and upon arrival it appeared to have been ridden hard and put away not wet, but practically on fire.
The bike was black with a dented blue gas tank. The thing looked like a metal bruise. A tarmac lesion. Everything that could be scratched had been. Every exposed surface was covered in a layer of oil and grease that hid the road rash beneath. Baling wire held parts of the beast together, and as I loaded the bruise onto the trailer, I realized I had bitten off more than I could chew.

Six months of ignoring the calamity in my garage later, I posted a few photos on a motorbike forum and asked the denizens if the bike could be saved or if it should be written off. Most forum users, proud owners of shiny customized versions of the same steed, suggested I sell it off for parts.
Two users were encouraging and said that I couldn't make it any worse. I was grateful, but still apprehensive of the costs and logistics of getting English parts to replace everything visible on the bike. Parts are expensive for bikes like this, and since the bike was so new, there aren't many used parts available.
Enter a man named ScareKro - not his real name. He encouraged me to take the journey of self-discovery that would bring the bike back to some state of glory. He proceeded to send me original parts that he had left over from updating his bike. He didn't want any payment, and said that his life experience led him to salvage things that should have been dead. He wanted to return good karma to the universe to honor past good deeds done for him by others.
I was flabbergasted and inspired to be a better person by his generosity. The parts will allow me to resurrect the Triumph. He brought back my faith in humanity. I want to be more like ScareKro.

·
Registered
2020 Bobber Black
736 Posts
If you need help I'm in Keller, just ask. Good luck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
This is gonna be a great build with a fantastic story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts