Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I’m with Roy ok this; while I really rate the BMW boxer engine, etc I just can’t “like” this bike. Maybe it’s the headlight cowl that ruins the lines for me.
Anyway, nice concept - just not to my taste.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Agree, the first concept model is great, this one I don't like it either. Maybe it will have different options...….

·
Super Moderator
1,059 Posts
My heart lies with things that look like older bikes but are actually modern tech. This is a bit gor-blimey-guv'nor for me (ask @Roy). Certainly impressive, and I'll bet it's a blast to ride.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
To me, the thing that ruins the look is the big smooth wad of metal under the tank. I know it's the motor, but to me it looks like a chunk of Rubbermaid garbage can with cylinders sticking out the sides. I guess my eyes appreciate a more traditional-looking motor.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To me, the thing that ruins the look is the big smooth wad of metal under the tank. I know it's the motor, but to me it looks like a chunk of Rubbermaid garbage can with cylinders sticking out the sides. I guess my eyes appreciate a more traditional-looking motor.
It’s a actually traditional motor design. Old school BMW.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The more I look at this bike, the more I like. The engine takes a bit of getting used to but jeez, it certainly has presence - those jutting cylinders look huge! The styling is nice and clean too.

Wouldn’t want my trouser leg getting caught in that shaft drive though!

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I'd have to see it in person. I actually like the BMW motor look, and the jugs hanging out.

To be honest, if you were to put a Vtwin in it, at a glance it would look just like another HD.

Again, have to see it in person.

Oh, and that weird flashing bit of the video with the upside down frames, yah, I needed that seizure inducing moment on Friday morning.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts