Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Tuesday I'm going to the BMW/Triumph dealership to look at the new BMW R nineT "Pure". It looks interesting. (I'm not getting rid of my Bobber.) (I probably won't buy the BMW either but it doesn't hurt to look. :laugh: )
I'm a big. big fan of the R nineT bikes, let us know what you think and how it rides!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I’m a fan, too. You most likely know the Pure is the most basic of the RNineT line-up, not having some of the bells and whistles of the the others RNineTs. But, it was a way for getting to a more affordable price point, not something BMW is noted for :). Been a big success for them and they, like Triumph, have introduced dozens of accessories to individualize the bike. Saw tons of them at the Wheels & Waves event in Biarritz last spring and was impressed with what riders had done with theirs. The Bobber is still my first choice, though but, will be interested in your take on the Pure.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Brilliant bike.
You may well buy one if you test ride it, so be careful...
I’ve had quite a few versions of the boxer twin layout and enjoyed every single one. I currently have a liquid cooled GSA & I hope my garage will always have a 2-wheeled BMW of some sort in it.
I even had an R1200S HP2 paid for and ordered, but BMW dropped the ball and I ended up with a K instead. Despite that being many, many years ago - it still annoys me, as I never really bonded with the K like I did with the boxer twins.

Let us know what you think & I hope you have a lot of fun.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
They are deceptively fast and cover miles quickly while inspiring confidence no matter what the road/weather conditions.
Try one at your own risk :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
1,099 Posts
I like the Pure best of all the R9T variants (and I like nearly ALL the R9T variants) because it's the most basic and so the most open to me as an individual. Absolutely ace bikes, the lot of 'em.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
I never been a fan of BMW bikes although I love and own one of their cars! That being said I do have tremendous respect for them and the R9T series is my favorite!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had one for close to 2 years and traded it for my current Bobber...I prefer my Bobber to be honest but nothing bad to say about the 9T

Nice Pic...... Curious --- how did you like the riding position on the BMW? And with that what's your height?

rich

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm 5'9'' and the Nine T is a bit more forward on the wrists compared to the bobber, I prefer the bobber which seems to me, more relaxed and comfortable

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, the BMW is more forward than a Bobber . . . but a Ducati 998 (which I also owned) is a lot more forward than the BMW.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I went down and looked at several R nineT Pure bikes. They are all really cool. Unfortunately they are a little tall for me to straddle. Oh well. :frown2:

I came home with a pair of BMW motorcycle boots that look like tennis shoes. They should be cool with the bobber. :smile2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts