Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lots of reading and looking at reviews I Pickup up a pair of these yesterday being the smallest in-ear Bluetooth headphones I could find. - Motorola Verve Buds 400 , Argos £59

Just for the purpose of a bit of music or podcast as well as keeping wind noise off the ear, no voice calls etc although they do support this feature. 4h play back and charge off the carry case when out and about

Pleanty of volume, seal the ear well and aren’t so big that they get dislodged terribly when putting on or removing the helmet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went with the Cardo Freecom 1. Same idea but helmet speakers instead of earbuds. They work pretty well. I don't like when an earbud loosens in my ear, I spend too much time pulling off my helmet to get them right. The helmet speakers are less fidgety for me, but don't block extraneous nose as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Absolutely. They are "noise cancelling" but that is only the microphone, they do nothing to alleviate wind noise in your ears. I don't use earplugs much, and when I want those and music, I have some wired earbuds I use. I may get some bluetooth ones though, the cord shouldn't be an issue but it can be. Really frustrating when you turn your head and it's caught on something, and tugs the earbuds out a bit.

·
Registered
329 Posts
We ride with Coms in all the time. Old interphone set so prob better on the market these days. They have helmet speakers which can connect to Bluetooth for music but it's more the chat. You can also warn eachother of hazards. Overtakes etc. Don't know how rode without them. If you have not tried Coms to connect your group I highly recommend it. Game changer.

I never really felt like I could hear my surroundings enough with plugs in but I have freinds that use them so think it's preference

·
Registered
18 Posts
I feel disconnected from the bike with earplugs. I rely on the audible feedback from the engine so much. I'm sure that's just habit though, and I would get used to them if I dedicated myself to them. But as it is, I basically only use them when I'm grinding out miles in a fairly straight line to get somewhere more fun.

I don't have the com unit, just the single user unit. Which is sad and pathetic :) But only person I ride with much is wife, and she has been very clear: she does not want my voice in her ear when she's riding. I think she considers riding one of the times she can get away from that :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:

picked these up today which I think will replace the motarolla 400. The more rolls where ok but the eq was a little flat and they stood out of the ear a touch too much so would still get knocked by the helmet when tacking it on or off etc.

these where £14.99 from co-op on a travel stand. The bass is very deep of the price of them which is the first thing to get lost when on the bike.

Playback is 2-3 hours. Wireless Bluetooth and most importantly also have a low profile when in the ear and an adjustable wire earhook.

Seem mega as they don’t move an inch when taking the helmet on and off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts