Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with my indicators, the black plastic casing is cracking on mine, 3 cracked so far, being done under warranty next week

·
Registered
70 Posts
Having an issue with my indicators, the black plastic casing is cracking on mine, 3 cracked so far, being done under warranty next week
I see from your intro post to the forum that the bike is an ex demo machine. What's the build date ? And where is the cracking occurring?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just had my rear right indicator lose it's lens and internals due to the casing cracking. I have noticed that the screw that holds the indicator firm has worked loose, allowing the indicator to flex a lot more. I believe it was one of the bigger bumps I hit on the weekend that caused the demise of the indicator - the other side appears to be fine, I believe it is because it hasn't worked loose and cannot build up as much "whip" as the right.
I took it back to the dealer who has refused to fix it because the lense is missing. I have told them it is a shame they will lose a customer over an indicator. He then offered to get a price on a replacement and I told him I wouldn't be paying them any money for genuine indicators if they are manufactured so poorly.

I am certain under normal circumstances the indicator would have been fine, but the fact remains that a factory fitted screw has come loose allowing the problem to happen.

Soooo... does anyone have a stock indicator they want to sell?? :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
I contacted Triumph Australia, and after some back and forth emails, they suggested I have the dealer resubmit the warranty claim. It was rejected again. I have just now submitted a complaint to consumer affairs.
I will still be telling people how much I love my Bobber, but I will also be telling them about the piss-poor warranty and the self destructing indicator issue.

·
Super Moderator
877 Posts
I contacted Triumph Australia, and after some back and forth emails, they suggested I have the dealer resubmit the warranty claim. It was rejected again. I have just now submitted a complaint to consumer affairs.
I will still be telling people how much I love my Bobber, but I will also be telling them about the piss-poor warranty and the self destructing indicator issue.

Best of luck if Triumph Oz are anything like Triumph UK. I complained about the floorboards making it difficult to retract the side stand, and got the complete kiss off... Unbelievable "customer service" response... "Our testers didn't have an issue, get on with it"

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’d be interested how you go with consumer affairs. I’m in Australia as well and my right front indicator has cracked and lens fallen out. I’m going to make a warranty claim when I can get into the dealer, I’ll keep you updated how I go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oof, I'm not far off from not having stock indicators. Why did they reject the claim?
They claimed "external influences" and circled some dust and a reflection of the taillight on the indicator as proof. I am not sure what part of my actions were beneficial but the warranty claim has now been approved. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’d be interested how you go with consumer affairs. I’m in Australia as well and my right front indicator has cracked and lens fallen out. I’m going to make a warranty claim when I can get into the dealer, I’ll keep you updated how I go.
I am not sure if it was consumer affairs or the fact I contacted Triumph UK, but the claim has now been approved and I am just waiting for the indicator to be delivered to the dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My warranty claim has now been approved and I am just waiting for the replacement indicator to be delivered to the dealer

·
Registered
137 Posts
They claimed "external influences" and circled some dust and a reflection of the taillight on the indicator as proof. I am not sure what part of my actions were beneficial but the warranty claim has now been approved. :)
"external influences" :laugh::laugh: That's Triumph-speak for "we're not sure what happened but fix it so this guy leaves".

I've had similar experiences with BMW. I once had a rear wheel bearing that started making noise, and I went into the dealership so many times they concluded that, "Due to external factors, the rotational velocity of the rear wheel may differ from its intended velocity and thus cause an unsafe condition". In other words, my **** might lock up, causing me to crash and die. Sometimes you gotta get through to warranty people like that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
"External influences" is the reason they weren't going to honour the warranty - they seem determined to think something had hit the indicator and damaged it (but I still have the housing of the indicator and it is undamaged except for the splits that are the problem.
Perhaps they "misinterpreted" the photos...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts