Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had a BMWR1200RT I bought a brake light from BMW that started rapidly blinking when you put on brakes then it would switch over and glow solid until you stopped. That blinking light saved my butt a number of times. Where can we get something like that?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not exactly. The thing by BMW modulated your brake light. Your brake light started blinking when you first put on brakes and went solid as you came to a stop. Also, the advantage of the BMW kit was that it was a simple plugin.

It might have been illegal in some states because I have not seen it offered in the last few years.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I use a Denali Cansmart to modulate the flashing brake light on my GSA.
You’d need a smart controller to do that on a canbus managed Bobber too, I imagine.
Some management systems also use a gyro and can make the brake lights blink or flash the moment you release the throttle and interia slows the bike down.

·
Registered
224 Posts
don't know whether you can still get it, definetely illegal in Germany, seems to be legal in the UK: on my recent ride-out with the Tiger 800 bunch one guy had it on the Tiger, frankly I'd made nervous and I do not think you gain much safety by using that.

·
Super Moderator
771 Posts
don't know whether you can still get it, definetely illegal in Germany, seems to be legal in the UK: on my recent ride-out with the Tiger 800 bunch one guy had it on the Tiger, frankly I'd made nervous and I do not think you gain much safety by using that.
Disagree... flashing brake lights are not UK legal...

·
Super Moderator
771 Posts
CHange it back to non-modulating for the test, then change it back, and risk getting pulled on the road...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as it frightened me it is good that it is illegal at your end....
slightly ot: how do you get an MOT with this if it's illegal
the German TÜV checks the brake lights
I lived in Germany for four years. You can't get anything past the German TÜV. :|

1 - 13 of 13 Posts