Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
That is a super cool photo!

I had one of those on my patio last week. I shooed him off the patio but asked him to stay around the house to keep other snakes away.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I’m freaked out!

In the words of a great Indiana archeologist, “why does it have to be snakes, I hate snakes”

Where was this and what kind is it?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I’m freaked out!

In the words of a great Indiana archeologist, “why does it have to be snakes, I hate snakes”

Where was this and what kind is it?
I didn't take the picture so I don't know where that was but in North Carolina we would call that a "Black Snake" or a "Black Rat Snake". They are not to be confused with a "Black Racer".

Black Rat Snakes eat rats and mice. They are great climbers and can climb trees to get to bird eggs.

They will bite but their bite is not poisonous. However the bite might irritate and it will be painful.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I didn't take the picture so I don't know where that was but in North Carolina we would call that a "Black Snake" or a "Black Rat Snake". They are not to be confused with a "Black Racer".

Black Rat Snakes eat rats and mice. They are great climbers and can climb trees to get to bird eggs.

They will bite but their bite is not poisonous. However the bite might irritate and it will be painful.
neighbors baby robins unfortunately fell victim last week.... my original picture is from Sloatsburg NY.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts