Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have Triumph black badges on their bike, and has anyone else found the black on the actual badge (not the surround) coming off and revealing a polished metal underneath? One of my "carb" badges is flaking away and revealing the metal underneath. I'll be reporting it to my dealership (and expect it to be replaced...) but just wondered if anyone else has come across this.

I've checked my seating position and gear, nothing is rubbing, I haven't damaged it, I'm thinking it's just a manufacturing defect. I'll upload an image later when I can.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Does anyone else have Triumph black badges on their bike, and has anyone else found the black on the actual badge (not the surround) coming off and revealing a polished metal underneath? One of my "carb" badges is flaking away and revealing the metal underneath. I'll be reporting it to my dealership (and expect it to be replaced...) but just wondered if anyone else has come across this.

I've checked my seating position and gear, nothing is rubbing, I haven't damaged it, I'm thinking it's just a manufacturing defect. I'll upload an image later when I can.
Quite annoying!
Let us know what the dealer says and i hope they repalce it for you quickly & hassle free...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Could you take a picture of it? Is the black just chipping away or is it cracking up all over and flaking away slowly? Hopefully it isn't a common problem otherwise we'll have to find some sort of solution to it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Chipping away rather than cracking up and flaking. Hopefully this attachment works. Not at my computer to upload and link like I usually would.

edit: no luck. Uploading now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick update on this, the badges are being replaced under warranty. I contacted my dealership, they contacted the factory, replacements should be arriving this week. Very pleased with the service considering I only got round to emailing them about this over the weekend.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Now that's great to hear that they're willing to cover it under warranty. Did you happen to actually get a price quote on them just in case so we could know how much it would be to replace them if this happens to us later on in life?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm afraid not, I just emailed the dealership about it. I think the configurator had them as a £35 option when I added them to my bike order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts