Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a lot of fun having the BB kit installed this Saturday.
Very well made, professionally painted, easy to fit and looks fantastic (if i do say so myself :grin2:).
The all in one brake/position/indicator lights are small & really bright!

Markus @ BB was a pleasure to deal with and made sure that the whole process was smooth and efficient.
The numberplate bracket was cut down to fit EU specs and they also made a ´plug & play´connection for the harness, so no splicing or cutting was required.
Cables are kept to an absolute minimum and are easy enough to hide and zip tie to the frame.

I also removed the RapidBike A/F module and replaced it with a BoosterPlug.
Throttle response feels amazing - even smoother and more electric like than with the Rapidbike. There is ALOT less popping under decel and low speed handling is vastly improved. The engine definitely prefers the BoosterPlug over the RapidBike when opening the throttle from low RPM (in any gear). I also feel that holding a constant throttle (i.e motorway), the bike holds its speed much steadier and does not ´hunt´.
After 100km of uphill/downhill, curvy, slow & fast mountain roads and 100km on motorways - i can say its a great product and i´m leaving it on. The guys at BoosterPlug were also great to deal with and had my plug shipped out immediately.
It took less than 5 mins to install & like others on this forum, i installed the temp guage at the rear of the bike.

I finally got around to removing the front fork reflectors. Simple enough with some heat and brake cleaner/fluid to remove the residue.
I also managed to test out the titanium draggers. They work exactly as advertised and GMAN is about to get some new orders from some fellow riders here in Mallorca.

·
Registered
370 Posts
How did you get that fender kit already? Every time I look on the site I️t says it’s still not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you get that fender kit already? Every time I look on the site I️t says it’s still not available.

Best is to call and email . I believe i got an ¨early release¨ fender. They are still working on some updates and minor tweaks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I bought the Triumph short rear fender kit with the intention of cutting it down really far, but after removing the stock fender, I fell in love and have not looked back since. I did use the wiring harness from the short fender kit to modify the fitment of my Rizoma Club S rear multifunction lights, thereby leaving my stock equipment completely unmodified and able to be put back to stock.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the Triumph short rear fender kit with the intention of cutting it down really far, but after removing the stock fender, I fell in love and have not looked back since. I did use the wiring harness from the short fender kit to modify the fitment of my Rizoma Club S rear multifunction lights, thereby leaving my stock equipment completely unmodified and able to be put back to stock.
¨Jessica¨ looks really good! :smile2:
Nice to see so many members modding and personalizing their bikes - and having such great results.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

@BearJu
Just got an email from BikeBrothers. The unpainted fenders are available right now, and the painted ones will be ready this coming Friday. Fit and finish will be the same as mine.

·
Registered
363 Posts
any chance, you can post a closeup photo of where/how you mounted the booster sensor? couldn't see it on your photos so may just be that it's tucked away. thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
any chance, you can post a closeup photo of where/how you mounted the booster sensor? couldn't see it on your photos so may just be that it's tucked away. thanks!
Hi. I will post a pic soon.
The sensor is so small that there is no way you´ll notice it in normal pictures.
The correct way to mount it is near the nose/headlight - but the supplied cable is not long enough and i did not have the time to allow for splicing and routing, so i had it placed at the rear of the bike away from the headers and engine heat.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is a pic of the sensor attached to the frame (next to my finger).
Its only a temporary position as its sitting fairly close to the exhaust, but good enough for the cold days ahead until i can have it (and other) cables rerouted and tidied up...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts