Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Was there last year . Absolutely great show in an amazingly venue. Unreal collection of motorcycles and more, including vendors, food, drinks and I read this year, a movie theatre. Definitely worth it if you’re anywhere near London. ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll probably be there Sunday if the weather holds up.

You could always join the UK rideout on the Saturday and do the Bike Shed on Sunday.:smile2:
I did consider the ride out, but it’s 90 minute ride to the start point for me, then further south. My old bones start to suffer on the bobber at around the 1 hour mark. Probably my own fault for using a ‘leather covered shovel blade’ as a seat. :wink2:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yes, I'll be riding.

Apparently parking is in the multi-storey over the road and be manned by security. How secure that makes it, I don't know.
To be fair I figure it would be sports bikes that would be targeted more so... even if the scum did manage to pass the security.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’ve started to see pics merging from the Friday vip launch event.
Looking forward to seeing it all in person.
Incidentally there is a section of customised triumph bobbers.
I’ll take and share pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I’ve started to see pics merging from the Friday vip launch event.
Looking forward to seeing it all in person.
Incidentally there is a section of customised triumph bobbers.
I’ll take and share pics tomorrow.
My local Triumph dealership, Laguna Maidstone, are exhibiting a Bobber that they have customised. I see a sneak pic of it earlier this week... they have done something very trick with the fuel tank by means of cutting it in half and welding a panel in that makes it six inches wider than stock. There’s lots of other custom mods too but I’ll say no more as to not ruin the surprise.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes, I'll be riding.

Apparently parking is in the multi-storey over the road and be manned by security. How secure that makes it, I don't know.
I DO feel for those that worry about their bikes being stolen! While some areas here in the USA may be prone to theft of bikes, I have never worried about my bike being heisted while stored or out on travel, even leaving my helmet and jacket onboard while visiting. While in Europe a couple years ago, I was very surprised to see such large chains and locks on many of the scooters all parked side by side for the workday. I’ve never seen a chain on a bike here. I do feel lucky.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To be fair I figure it would be sports bikes that would be targeted more so... even if the scum did manage to pass the security.
Security were only letting bikes into the park today, so no vans for lifting bikes.
I guess this doesn’t stop thieves walking in and riding out.
But probably not an easy task to break a lock and hit wire a bike with so many bikers constantly in and out.

I felt safe leaving my bike there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I did go on the Sunday morning. Security for the bike park seemed ok and I wasn't particularly bothered leaving the bike in there, perhaps 'cos my mate brought a big chain along and we locked the bikes together :)

It was quite a good venue, lots of enclosed units with bikes arranged inside and stands around the sides offering all sorts of wares, from clothing, custom helmets, haircuts and tattoos. In the centre was a bunch of food stands and a live band playing. Plus there was a nice, relaxing place to sit outside and take in the sun whilst looking out over the dock itself.

The bikes were cool, with all sorts of stuff going on. You had to be careful what you said aboit them as you could be standing next to the builder. I got into a conversation with one builder and he said that the show was quite restrictive on them for advertising. No promotional material or business cards on the stand for example, apart from a small brass plaque, so they needed to engage directly with the people around if they wanted to drum up business.

If you are interested in the Bobber build-off bikes, my pictures are on this thread

Heres a few of the bikes that took my fancy (and some I thought hideous :))

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Some more pics:

This one was particularly hideous, a Street Triple bodged to give the appearence of a Suzuki Katana

This electic bike had stunning workmanship, lovely carbon fibre with wooden vaneere. Apparently it's not a one off but they are planning to put them into production, with a heafty price tag to boot.

And this one really took my fancy. Another production electric bike.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts