1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I have both spliced the OEM wiring AND then used the BB adapter (once it arrived after a slight delay).
Splicing was done at my local Triumph garage and was a PITA, though once done no diodes were needed & no fault codes appeared.
The BB adaptor was very, very easy to install in comparison and again, no fault codes appeared nor diodes required.
I am still using the BB adaptor with their chopped fender/integrated taillight setup.

I recommend speaking to Markus @ BikeBrothers if you feel like you will have issues. He is very helpful.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have both spliced the OEM wiring AND then used the BB adapter (once it arrived after a slight delay).
Splicing was done at my local Triumph garage and was a PITA, though once done no diodes were needed & no fault codes appeared.
The BB adaptor was very, very easy to install in comparison and again, no fault codes appeared nor diodes required.
I am still using the BB adaptor with their chopped fender/integrated taillight setup.

I recommend speaking to Markus @ BikeBrothers if you feel like you will have issues. He is very helpful.

Good to hear. I'm pretty comfortable with wiring but really prefer not cutting any factory wiring if I can avoid it so I went ahead and ordered the adapter. But this is the first I've heard of needing a diode to avoid triggering an ABS light especially seeing how many people have replaced their rear fender/lights.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Good to hear. I'm pretty comfortable with wiring but really prefer not cutting any factory wiring if I can avoid it so I went ahead and ordered the adapter. But this is the first I've heard of needing a diode to avoid triggering an ABS light especially seeing how many people have replaced their rear fender/lights.
The tail lights loom is pants, I completely stripped mine and rebuilt it to a level of quality that I would accept, not sure how Triumph accepted it. Replaced all my lights and then only had a slight quicker flash than normal. But then bought a new rage cycles integral unit, which was plug and play and removed all my hard work. But to do it I had to remove the air box for a bit, which involves disconnecting a sensor, which after rebuild has left the engine light on, this I have to investigate.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brian (A&J Cycles) says that Motone adapter won’t work with the Bobber. Connectors are wrong.

Thanks for the heads up. I had went ahead an ordered that one as well just out of curiosity. Luckily no restocking fees on Motone returns.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the heads up. I had went ahead an ordered that one as well just out of curiosity. Luckily no restocking fees on Motone returns.

Here's a comparison of both adapters. The bobber uses a much smaller plug. I wish Motone would edit and remove bobber compatibility on the product description. If anyone plans on using the Bike Brothers adapter remove the diode soldered into the brake wire. Maybe its needed on bikes without LED lights, but the brake light on my BB didn't work until I removed the diode. If I had to do it again I would have just cut the stock harness and splice in new wires. Not that hard to repair if you want to go back stock.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
That must be something new on the BIKE BROTHERS second generation adapters. Mine was the first release (or even pre first release!) version and I definitely didn’t have any diode issues. I was present during both installs and am 100% sure about that.

Thanks for sharing your comparison.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts