Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hunting around for some decent saddle bag type deal. i picked up the La Rosa offering and was very disappointed in mounting. They just kinda bounced all over the place. I picked up a "black" Triumph branded bag but it came in what looked like brown leather to me so I had it sent back. Tried to find another as i like the mount system well enough but really wanted 2 bags. So I just grabbed the pair of left and right "tool bags" from Bike Brothers. They seem pretty cool and a solid mounting system. I'll report back but wondering if anyone is running these already?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased both left & right side bags sone 12 months ago....find them very good. Please remember, they are not large bags. However, they suit purpose & do not look imposing on the bike.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I am running both and have been for two years. IMHO they are great - they don't take over the shape of the bike and provide some storage space. They aren't big inside but big enough to be useful - lock, water, etc.

I use some nyties as well as the straps to keep the bags tight to their frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Whats the process for ordering theses in the US?
And what would I expect to pay for left and right
to get them?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Chezqui, did you contact BikeBrothers about finding the connectors/plugs you were looking for ?
Not yet. A few local leads but not looking promising. Might have to be a cut and solder job, which is itself reversible, just not as easily. I wish British (French) Customs had thought the job through more before selling the rear plate holder.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought left and right mounting kits and the longer 30cm black leather bags. They are great and brilliant for spare fuel bottle, clear goggles and mask if your caught out in the dark with just shades on.
Bikebros sent me wrong mounting kit for right hand side initially but sent replacement straight away, they didn’t even ask for the old one back.
If need more storage I suggest Long ride panniers on a Hepco seat rack, the panniers can be fixed at the bottom onto the bike rod mount so never go in wheel.
Can finish it all off with a goosewingman roll on the rack and hey presto, got yourself a long distant tourer.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I kind of hybridized the offerings, and ended up with a La Rosa Bag on the Triumph mount, on the left side. I like the way it looks, and its big enough to put a 1/2 gallon milk carton in if needed.

I do like the Bike Bros. mount set up a lot though, makes way more sense to have the bags on the sprung side of things..

In the end, I cheated I guess, because if I need more storage, I use the really expensive hard bag hauler. I will admit, its not nearly as much fun though... :wink2: :laugh:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
I kind of hybridized the offerings, and ended up with a La Rosa Bag on the Triumph mount, on the left side. I like the way it looks, and its big enough to put a 1/2 gallon milk carton in if needed.

I do like the Bike Bros. mount set up a lot though, makes way more sense to have the bags on the sprung side of things..

In the end, I cheated I guess, because if I need more storage, I use the really expensive hard bag hauler. I will admit, its not nearly as much fun though... :wink2: :laugh:
Hi GBN,

Looking at your two stunning rides, I couldn't help but think my one sort of splits the difference between these two.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so they arrived and i installed yesterday. overall, fit and finish is amazing. wonderful quality. these bags are SMMMAAAAALLLLLLL so be aware. not as useful in size as i had hoped but will def serve to carry little tidbits. they are not as pleasant to open and close as the triumph ones but i wanted bags on both sides and triumph doesnt offer that.
my ratings:
aesthetics - A+
quality - A+
rigidity - B+
utiltarianism - C

·
Registered
550 Posts
Definitely small. The other slight disappointment for me is that, after several months, mine is showing more wear than I would have expected. Sun fading, esp on the rolled leather edge. But also, the structural integrity of the horizontal middle front section (if that makes sense) has begun to suffer. That is, bowing in the middle of the bag. I'll post a pic sometime if I remember. Not a huge problem, but I hoped for a bit more longevity I guess.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Definitely small. The other slight disappointment for me is that, after several months, mine is showing more wear than I would have expected. Sun fading, esp on the rolled leather edge. But also, the structural integrity of the horizontal middle front section (if that makes sense) has begun to suffer. That is, bowing in the middle of the bag. I'll post a pic sometime if I remember. Not a huge problem, but I hoped for a bit more longevity I guess.
yeah, just doesn't seem to be a great option for side bags for this bike. oh well . . .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts