Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Intrigued...whats the pair of rails you have each side just above the pipes ?
What extra steps aside from a normal bar swap did you have to do? I originally bought these in February for my Bobber Black, but my dealer tech gave me such a hard time about all the extra drilling and fitting he'd have to do in order to make them work, and said the Triumph Barrel grips I bought wouldn't fit as nice and same with the mirrors.... Was he just full of it? Or did you have to do some fab. work?

Thanks! Looks phenomenal!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What extra steps aside from a normal bar swap did you have to do? I originally bought these in February for my Bobber Black, but my dealer tech gave me such a hard time about all the extra drilling and fitting he'd have to do in order to make them work, and said the Triumph Barrel grips I bought wouldn't fit as nice and same with the mirrors.... Was he just full of it? Or did you have to do some fab. work?

Thanks! Looks phenomenal!
You need a long cable kit (Triumph)
You have to drill a small hole for the location of the controls and away you go.
You can use the original mirrors but I decided to have the controls flush with the end of the bars and fit Highsider Montana mirrors from Bikermart. They arrived the next day.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You need a long cable kit (Triumph)
You have to drill a small hole for the location of the controls and away you go.
You can use the original mirrors but I decided to have the controls flush with the end of the bars and fit Highsider Montana mirrors from Bikermart. They arrived the next day.
Awesome, thanks! I might just look into these again over the winter.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
They look fantastic... really suite the bike!

I would however have to do something with the clutch cable... my OCD wouldn’t let me sleep with the cable not being tucked away out of sight 0:)

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts

I would however have to do something with the clutch cable... my OCD wouldn’t let me sleep with the cable not being tucked away out of sight 0:)
chequi mentioned that a long cable kit is required for these bars, but my first thought was that the kit may only be needed for the brake side, because that clutch cable looks way too long. Not sure what the difference in length is though.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Hi Mike

Because of your (our) OCD... I removed the longer clutch cable today.

Then I put it back on! The old cable will not reach by a long way. I have managed to pull the excess down a ways but of course, it has to go somewhere.

Not ideal so I'm going to research a cable that is in between. I have made cables up in the past which is another option.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts