Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

As a kid growing up in England I would often dream of living like a 'mountain man' in the Rockies of America, so be careful what you wish for...:surprise: My wife and I have accepted an opportunity to care-take a magnificent lake-side property 8,200 feet up in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. The downside is it will likely curtail my winter riding but the good news is I have a lovely huge garage to keep Charlotte (my Bobber) safe and dry and who knows I may get the occasional sunny/dry day to take a turn around the lake.

I will miss the incredible 'dry' roads of New Mexico but an adventure awaits. We are heading off for our mountain home and no doubt a substantial amount of snow, in a couple of weeks. I will be sure to post some photos over the winter at every opportunity I have, even if it's just to wheel Charlotte out for a photo op resplendent with a snowy mountain backdrop.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Enjoy your adventure in Colorado !
I was there a long time ago, but still have great memories of it.

Look forward to seeing pics and glad Charlotte will have a warm place to hibernate :smile2:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hi Gents,

As a kid growing up in England I would often dream of living like a 'mountain man' in the Rockies of America, so be careful what you wish for...:surprise: My wife and I have accepted an opportunity to care-take a magnificent lake-side property 8,200 feet up in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. The downside is it will likely curtail my winter riding but the good news is I have a lovely huge garage to keep Charlotte (my Bobber) safe and dry and who knows I may get the occasional sunny/dry day to take a turn around the lake.

I will miss the incredible 'dry' roads of New Mexico but an adventure awaits. We are heading off for our mountain home and no doubt a substantial amount of snow, in a couple of weeks. I will be sure to post some photos over the winter at every opportunity I have, even if it's just to wheel Charlotte out for a photo op resplendent with a snowy mountain backdrop.
Hi Roy... by any chance will you be looking after the owners cats and dogs?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
NO!

Just our little Lillibelle who may never forgive me for the cold as she loves the sun..:crying:

Cheerio,

Roy
I see. Reason I asked... myself and my wife are members of trusted house sitter. In short... those with pets who wish to take a holiday themselves but don’t want to put there dogs into kennels or cats into a cattery instead opt to have people stay in there home so that they can look after their animals whilst they are away. In exchange the house/pet sitter has free accommodation and the pet owner has peace of mind.

It’s possible to travel the world doing it and some of the houses you get to stay in are nothing short of spectacular.

Coincidentally... we were recently invited to take care of someone’s pets etc over Xmas in Colorado hence my question ;)

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Mike,

That's great, I have heard of such things. We have Lilli our little dog, so probably not the best for us but such ideas are terrific. Drop me a pm of where you might be and who know it may be local. We are on the western slope and have signed up for a year. Gosh we are not even there yet and the Spring seems a long way off.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hi Mike,

That's great, I have heard of such things. We have Lilli our little dog, so probably not the best for us but such ideas are terrific. Drop me a pm of where you might be and who know it may be local. We are on the western slope and have signed up for a year. Gosh we are not even there yet and the Spring seems a long way off.

Cheerio,

Roy
Hi Roy,

Sadly we weren’t on this occasion able to take the offer due to commitments already in place... but it would have been great to have met up with you! :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Dear @Roy. You suck. :wink2: BTW , Colorado is my favorite state. I've ridden to 46 of them , that one gets a visit every 2-3 years from me.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I think you’ll love it Roy. As long as you like snow. I lived in Telluride (SW corner of CO. near the Four Corners) for a number of years. Hands down the most beautiful ski area in the country IMO. Roads are usually kept pretty clear so you may have some winter rides ahead of you. Lots of sunny days, too but heated garments might be a good bet. Early mornings and dusk, watch for deer. They’re definitely in the area. Have fun and congrats. Should be a good adventure.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Oh no...have you seen 'The Shining'! >:)

Only joking that's awesome news, Colorado's my favourite American state but then I'm biased my great grand mother was born in Arapahoe.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Chaps,

Last weekend of packing and heading out on Monday. Went our for likely my last ride this morning prior to loading up the old girl in the truck for the moves. Pretty chilly but the sun was still out so took a couple of last photos before the move just in case we find ourself knee deep in snow..:surprise:

I must admit I'm still loving the look of the new speedy headlight.:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
just in case we find ourself knee deep in snow..

Just in case? I think you can bet on it, if not right now then very shortly. Bon voyage.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, looking forward to being back in Colorado.

We have lived there a few times over the years, so it will be nice to return. Due to the elevation we will be at I'm sure it will be a long winter. But I'm looking forward to the occasional sunny/dry day for a 'brisk' ride and also very much looking forward to next Spring/Summer and some nice Rocky Mountain rides, maybe a little camping too.

Cheerio,

Roy

1 - 20 of 41 Posts