Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point out any differences between these two Xpipes?

The FreeSprits is a hundred dollars more than the British Customs.

Diff metal? Diff build quality? Diff performance?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think they ship worldwide, at the top of the page it says international shipping,

sorry just read it again, they say they do not ship to the USA strange!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you know anybody in the uk? if so get it sent out to them and get them to send it to you. I just checked it out shipping to a uk address is £6.55 and shipping to the USA by a company called hermes is about £20. works out to about $35

·
Vendor
522 Posts
For anyone looking in the future, we offer both the free spirits and super corse x-pipe cat deletes. Both stainless steel, both with provisioning for the OEM heat shield. The main difference between the free spirits and other cheaper x-pipes on the market is the quality of the welds. They both do the job, this is coming from us, who have sold hundreds of x-pipes in the past year.

Free spirits: https://www.ajcyclesny.com/product-page/x-pipe-triumph-thruxton-1200-t120-street-twin
Super Corse: https://www.ajcyclesny.com/product-page/super-corse-x-pipe-cat-delete-stainless

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For anyone looking in the future, we offer both the free spirits and super corse x-pipe cat deletes. Both stainless steel, both with provisioning for the OEM heat shield. The main difference between the free spirits and other cheaper x-pipes on the market is the quality of the welds. They both do the job, this is coming from us, who have sold hundreds of x-pipes in the past year.

Free spirits: https://www.ajcyclesny.com/product-page/x-pipe-triumph-thruxton-1200-t120-street-twin
Super Corse: https://www.ajcyclesny.com/product-page/super-corse-x-pipe-cat-delete-stainless
Well poop. Wish I would have known. Hopefully the TEC is lasting quality.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tec has a good report. Watch their video.
I did. I would imagine that if a manufacturer put out their own video they would certainly make it favorable to their own product. That's why I was asking on the forum what others who had it thought of it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
There are a few comments here that allude to TEC's good reputation for quality parts. They seem to be less well-known but the RAT forum discusses them from time to time, favorably, as well.

·
Vendor
522 Posts
There are a few comments here that allude to TEC's good reputation for quality parts. They seem to be less well-known but the RAT forum discusses them from time to time, favorably, as well.

TEC has an overall good reputation in the marketplace, the one part that has been an issue are some of their shocks. There have been multiple failures. But this won't be an issue for Bobber owners.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TEC has an overall good reputation in the marketplace, the one part that has been an issue are some of their shocks. There have been multiple failures. But this won't be an issue for Bobber owners.
Thanks for the additional comments. Appreciate you guys addressing the topic considering you don't carry it.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Received the TEC Xpipe in the mail. Was struck that there was no invoice in the box, no instructions and no TEC sticker (the most important!) Xpipe seems solid. Welds look a little globby but seem pretty solid. Very much looking forward to getting it installed this weekend.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Received the TEC Xpipe in the mail. Was struck that there was no invoice in the box, no instructions and no TEC sticker (the most important!) Xpipe seems solid. Welds look a little globby but seem pretty solid. Very much looking forward to getting it installed this weekend.
There's a how-to vid on Tec's website...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts