Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For quite some time I've been waiting for a plug ’n’ play tail tidy...well the wait might be over British Customs are now showing pictures of a bobber with one of their Pan tail lights fitted. https://britishcustoms.com/blogs/community/bonneville-bobber-photo-journal

I think it looks great although I’m not sure about mounting the indicators under the seat in the middle of the bike or how it would work with a UK plate, but it’s great to have more options to tidy that tail :smile2:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have me thinking.
The import duty kills the BC customs item for me.
I can get the plate mount laser cut from stainless and still be in pocket.
Sadly, I think you'll find that's the same with most American products (including Apple) that after import duty's added the dollar price magically becomes the pound price! :surprise:

I must admit I'm a sucker for quality, if it's exactly what I want and it's made as well or better than the OEM part (no easy task on the Bobber) then I'm happy to pay the extra. But if you can get or make something that's just as good for a fraction of the price then go for it. :smile2:

And please let us know how you go on with the plate because I'd love one with a Miller/Vincent style stop light and someway to mount indicators.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts