Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
They look great. Are you with, or with out an Xpipe?

From the vids, and I could be wrong, I think this is with the catalytic converter in place.

·
Registered
707 Posts
BC
https://youtu.be/N-KGH2ky53Q

Stock
https://youtu.be/QNS-Nu8fZrg

Not much louder, maybe a little deeper. Overall i love the looks which is what i was after, but in regards to sound i think Triumph did an amazing job on the stock units ?
Looks awesome and fits the stripped down bobber aesthetic to a T, and while I’m sure 'not much louder but a little deeper' will not be to everyone’s taste, I think it's perfect :smile2:

And for those who want more noise that’s an option too, just add an X-Pipe. Although from what I’ve read on here fitting an X-pipe plus straight through slip-on will probably leave you needing a booster plug to sort out the popping it can be sorted :surprise:

But well done and thanks for posting the video >:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Muenster, you are good my man, that is with the cat still in place ?

Bomb, i totally agree, the sound/volume is great! I love the look of slash cuts.

I could have been more consistent with phone placement but i was too excited to go for a ride =P

·
Registered
707 Posts
I presume as the original is on the old end cans you had to fit a new side stand stop, does the BC exhaust come with one and if so how’s it mounted?

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Great video! I love the fact that you included deceleration, idle and then take off. Any plans to remove the cat too, or are you happy with the way it sounds as-is? Personally, I love the way it sounds right now, but others love to compete with the Harleys.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Agreed! Great vid Cody :smile2:
The BC’s sound (and look) really, really good.
It’s also nice to see/hear that the OEM’s sound so fruity too. I actually forgot how they sounded as i’ve had mine off for over a year + now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great video! I love the fact that you included deceleration, idle and then take off. Any plans to remove the cat too, or are you happy with the way it sounds as-is? Personally, I love the way it sounds right now, but others love to compete with the Harleys.
I've owned a couple Harleys, and I've put them in my past. Honestly; its just not what I want.

I think I'll leave the cat as it sits now; especially because I still have a valid factory warranty.

I like the new sound for the bike. It's never unrefined or annoying. What more could I ask for?

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I was hoping for more sound from these. I guess the cat has to come out? Looks real good and thanks for sharing
From what I have been able to tell, most aftermarket popes for the bike may be a tad louder and change the done/deepness.

Removing the cat drastically changes the volume.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts