Triumph Bobber Forum banner
101 - 120 of 132 Posts
X pipe and BC drag pies

Just fitted the x pipe and BC drag pipes this weekend easy job 1.5hrs with basic tools the transformation in looks and sound is very impressive ran bike out for 110 miles and it performed faultlessly, the bike seems in my opinion seems more responsive at both low and high Rev range and is a smooth as a gravy sandwich!!!!! No noticeable difference I’m mpg,This weekend will be the air box removal with K&N air and breather filters and the Booster plug install I am trying this first as it more cost effective than the power commander time will tell if it’s the best decision I will update when completed.

Just fitted the x pipe and BC drag pipes this weekend easy job 1.5hrs with basic tools the transformation in looks and sound is very impressive ran bike out for 110 miles and it performed faultlessly, the bike seems in my opinion seems more responsive at both low and high Rev range and is a smooth as a gravy sandwich!!!!! No noticeable difference I?m mpg,This weekend will be the air box removal with K&N air and breather filters and the Booster plug install I am trying this first as it more cost effective than the power commander time will tell if it?s the best decision I will update when completed.
Please let us know how the boosterplug works out. From everything I've reed and heard is once you do the airbox Elim you need to remap. It messes with the fuel system and it all needs to be reworked with tuning. Show some pics also.

shotgun/xpipe combo performance?

so those of you who are running the straight pipe / decat combination... anyone experiencing any adverse effects? The BC rep online, when i asked about this combo, explicitly told me that they do not recommend this due to the lack of back pressure this combo would produce and I am curious how this is playing out in the real world...
thanks!

Just fitted the x pipe and BC drag pipes this weekend easy job 1.5hrs with basic tools the transformation in looks and sound is very impressive ran bike out for 110 miles and it performed faultlessly, the bike seems in my opinion seems more responsive at both low and high Rev range and is a smooth as a gravy sandwich!!!!! No noticeable difference I’m mpg,This weekend will be the air box removal with K&N air and breather filters and the Booster plug install I am trying this first as it more cost effective than the power commander time will tell if it’s the best decision I will update when completed.
How loud we talking with that setup? Like, deafening-here-come-the-police-immediately loud? Or as-long-as-you-dont-go-full-throttle-constantly-youll-be-ok loud?

Just fitted the x pipe and BC drag pipes this weekend easy job 1.5hrs with basic tools the transformation in looks and sound is very impressive ran bike out for 110 miles and it performed faultlessly, the bike seems in my opinion seems more responsive at both low and high Rev range and is a smooth as a gravy sandwich!!!!! No noticeable difference I?m mpg,This weekend will be the air box removal with K&N air and breather filters and the Booster plug install I am trying this first as it more cost effective than the power commander time will tell if it?s the best decision I will update when completed.
How loud we talking with that setup? Like, deafening-here-come-the-police-immediately loud? Or as-long-as-you-dont-go-full-throttle-constantly-youll-be-ok loud?
I have the x pipe and drag pipes. It's not deafening. It's about perfect. I have buddies with Harley's. Not as loud as theirs, but in the neighborhood. When my bike is next to theirs I can hear mine still very clearly. Sounds very deep. To me it's the way a bike should sound.

I'm getting the drag pipes this week. (On sale now!) I'm keeping the cat in the bike to keep these open pipes from being too loud. I don't know many people who've gone this route, so I'll let you know how it sounds come Spring when I get the bike out from Winter storage.

I'm getting the drag pipes this week. (On sale now!) I'm keeping the cat in the bike to keep these open pipes from being too loud. I don't know many people who've gone this route, so I'll let you know how it sounds come Spring when I get the bike out from Winter storage.
Thanks for that, interested to hear how you get on and of course don't forget the photos..:grin2:

Cheers,

Roy

Hey guys new to the forum. Just got my Bobber Black and I have a few questions.
Has anyone purchased the black drag pipes? If so how are they in comparison to the matte black header pipes? Has anyone installed these without decat and xpipe?

I can't speak about the matte black option but I've got them installed with the cat in place.

Sounds is a little louder at idle but much deeper. It gets loud under hard acceleration but not wake the neighbors or Harley with straight pipes loud.

Has anyone heard or have the BC Sleeper Pros? I have the BC X pipe but don't want drag pipe level of noise (and want to retain some back pressure) I love the look of the drag pipes but no one makes ones that look the same with some sort of internal baffling

Has anyone heard or have the BC Sleeper Pros? I have the BC X pipe but don't want drag pipe level of noise (and want to retain some back pressure) I love the look of the drag pipes but no one makes ones that look the same with some sort of internal baffling
Hi Brandon, if you’re interested in the Sleeper Pros you might this video interesting?

101 - 120 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.