Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow... Nice Job copying all the good elements of the Triumph Bobber ��
Ich highly doubt that we will see this exact model on the road without some major changes to meet German regulations. Just look at the open cardan transmission...

·
Registered
42 Posts
The ergos seem similar to the Triumph with the foot controls coming back just a bit further to account for the engine.

I think it looks good, but I think we all know where they got most of their ideas.

·
Registered
456 Posts
To me, the bike is attractive in several ways but the motor seems disproportionately large. On a naked sport/muscle bike that could be a cool thing, but on a machine like this with classic lines it is more of a visual distraction.

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
964 Posts
I think this is as close to a Bobber that BMW came on standard production. It’s my BMW Phoenix.
That model is the only BMW that came with a chrome valve cover therefor they are referred to as chrome heads. I'm sure you all needed to know this bit of trivia.:nerd:

Chico

·
Registered
451 Posts
BMW did a very similarly styled R5 homage in 2015, so probably not cribbing from the Bonneville Bobber. I can’t imagine it being a good idea for me to have 1800cc..😳. And the bike must be very heavy. But if someone offered to give me one I would not turn it down!

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Personally I love those big F-ing cylinders sticking out not giving a ****.

I am a very big boxer twin fan, in case you couldn’t tell...>:)
From air cooled to liquid cooled, they just get better and better while still leaving lots to appreciate in the previous versions.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm just gonna say it: For the shear beauty of the bike overall, and using the boxer engine, I give it an A+ ! I love the looks, and I bet it's a beauty to ride.

For ergonomics, I give it a D . I can't see sitting on that bike for more than 30 minutes at a time. My legs ached looking at it.

For what it's worth, though I love the boxer engine being used, but it's the wrong engine for a cruiser. I rode a boxer engine for a day as a loner (R bike) and it was sweet! But the bike was configured for the engine and my legs didn't have an issue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
no room to stretch out. I wonder what the production cruiser will look like, and how they will get highway pegs to work, if at all?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts