Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the example of another recent Bobber owner (sorry have forgotten whom) I grabbed an old belt from the wardrobe - now inadequate for the Greybeard's girth - knocked up a battery strap - buckle sits over the stock strap connection. What do you all think - too much, too retro?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Can’t see photos either.
But Eisen’s girth ain’t shrinking either :crying:
So I’ll also have a few belts to spare if I adopt your idea...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry, but the leather strap seems a bit false to me! Leather straps with buckles look nice on luggage bags, but do not look authentic as fixtures for equipment! For shure non of the ton up boys would have fixed a battery with a leather strap! If you would use the leather strap as a spacer to the steel strap (similar to the tank strap on the Thruxton) it probably would look fine! Just my opinion....

·
Premium Member
1,633 Posts
I really like the look too, although I think the thinner belt that daggertuk attached to his existing metal strap is a bit of a cleaner look. Did your belt replace the metal strap or cover it up?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I really like the look too, although I think the thinner belt that daggertuk attached to his existing metal strap is a bit of a cleaner look. Did your belt replace the metal strap or cover it up?
In the original post Graybeard states that it's an applique. Graybeard can you still remove the strap and access the battery?

Chico

1 - 17 of 17 Posts