Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m seeing a huge lack of bar options for the bobber.. is there something specific about bars to fit to do with the throttle setup? Like with the fly by wire harleys they need special cutouts in the bars.

specifically I want a smaller mini ape, but not what triumph offer, can’t find anything else.

·
Registered
347 Posts
^Little pin is shown around 5:10 iirc

The throttle has that little metal pin that fits into a hole in the handlebar. You need to drill a hole in any generic bar for it to fit, or you can grind down the pin on your throttle housing.

I don't see why any 1" bar wouldn't work just fine with the little hole added (and if needed, longer/shorter cables).

·
Registered
2018 Speedmaster
44 Posts
There are cut outs at each end for the throttle and heated grips on the right, and heated grips on the left There are holes on each side for the heated grips wire to exit the inside of the bar. There is a hole on the right for the indexing of the right side controls. All of these make for a complicated bar to produce that is specific to one brand and model of bike. Not cost effective for producers. That is why there's so few options.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So I’m seeing a huge lack of bar options for the bobber.. is there something specific about bars to fit to do with the throttle setup? Like with the fly by wire harleys they need special cutouts in the bars.

specifically I want a smaller mini ape, but not what triumph offer, can’t find anything else.
Have Harley flattrack bars on my Speedmaster. Simple fit, drill one hole for the throttle to locate (8mm I think). No heated grips so no need for other cut outs. Have some 8" mini apes from Sportster that I might try.

·
Registered
358 Posts
What about the end caps? I'm still looking for what the solution is for that on 3rd party bars. Don't the Triumph end caps screw into a thread built into the stock bars? What is the solution for when you want to put on new grips as well as mount the mirrors (which the end caps prevent from sliding off)?

·
Registered
78 Posts
What about the end caps? I'm still looking for what the solution is for that on 3rd party bars. Don't the Triumph end caps screw into a thread built into the stock bars? What is the solution for when you want to put on new grips as well as mount the mirrors (which the end caps prevent from sliding off)?
Loads of 1" bar ends available on ebay or your usual parts suppliers. Most slide inside the 'bars and have expanding set up bit like a Rawl bolt. You should have no problems getting hold of something suitable. See photograph I posted earlier of red end caps these came via ebay. you would need to check on mirror fitment if using end mirrors. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts