Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

I was at the dealer getting my first service done and I had them throw on a pair of the Triumph barrel grips while I was there. Since then, I've found the throttle to be very jerky at low speeds. Has anyone else experienced this? The grip has some wiggle to it, which I think is part of the problem. I'm gonna pop the bar end mirror off and see if I can figure out how the stock grip goes back on to confirm it's that, but it's definitely becoming an annoying problem. Any guidance or thoughts are appreciated!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey gang,

I was at the dealer getting my first service done and I had them throw on a pair of the Triumph barrel grips while I was there. Since then, I've found the throttle to be very jerky at low speeds. Has anyone else experienced this? The grip has some wiggle to it, which I think is part of the problem. I'm gonna pop the bar end mirror off and see if I can figure out how the stock grip goes back on to confirm it's that, but it's definitely becoming an annoying problem. Any guidance or thoughts are appreciated!
Maybe the grips aren't snug and slipping? Did they use any glue/adhesive to secure the new grips? I've seen somewhere that some people use hairspray inside new grips in place of glue since it doesn't leave any residue if you replace them later on.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe the grips aren't snug and slipping? Did they use any glue/adhesive to secure the new grips? I've seen somewhere that some people use hairspray inside new grips in place of glue since it doesn't leave any residue if you replace them later on.
The clutch-side grip is sticking just fine, but the throttle-side grip has it's own tube that snaps into that assembly and this tube appears to be loose over the handlebar.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey gang,

I have had no problem with my Triumph barrel grips.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I found the throttle to be overly sensitive myself, I contribute that to the throttle by wire, I sometime will ride in the rain mode when im in traffic this seems to help some!

·
Registered
664 Posts
and a slightly out of tension chain seriously increases the snatchiness (is that a word?) of the throttle 10 fold. The stretch during my first 500 miles is insane, on the sport I think i adjusted the chain once in 8000 miles!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and a slightly out of tension chain seriously increases the snatchiness (is that a word?) of the throttle 10 fold. The stretch during my first 500 miles is insane, on the sport I think i adjusted the chain once in 8000 miles!
This is a great note, thank you! And yes, snatchiness describes it perfectly. I grabbed some screengrabs from the owner's manual about adjusting the chain and texted them to myself. I'm going on a trip this friday and will dial it in before I go.

I also had the Fox spring put on and I loosed the suspension a bit, which I found helped at low speeds. Maybe I was bouncing a bit more than I realized--thanks all!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Chain tension

That's interesting. I went for an hour test ride today and the only thing I didn't like was the snatchy uptake at very low speed. Chain tension makes sense. √

1 - 8 of 8 Posts