Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't often get a steal when bargain hunting but managed to snag myself a Triumph riding hoody for £26.00 with free delivery on eBay this week. The next cheapest I could find that would fit me was £139 + delivery, so I'm feeling very pleased with myself. It's also cheap enough that I can get it past the financial controller too...the Shoei ex Zero that has also turned up, probably a different story (although was still a steal at £140). Might have some clothing bits coming up for sale soon as my biking wardrobe is now, what you might call, extensive.

It's arrived today and looks in near perfect condition with no rips, tears, blim burns, scuffs, fluff, lint, blood or other bodily fluids that would suggest a hard/sordid life. It's Pekev lined so offers some abrasion resistance and will fit over my mesh/armour jacket for bump protection. I might upgrade those pads to D3O to soften them a little too and will be a good summer/autumn riding combo.

What's the best bargain you've scored gear wise?

E.

·
Registered
127 Posts
$300 Canadian for my Aria. It’s white all white friends call it a storm troopers helmet. Same model with graphic $700. I have had multi-coloured helmets in the past I think people see my white helmet better.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Recently bought a Klim Marrakesh jacket for $175 + tax so $190. Retail on the jacket is $350. I got a 50% discount coupon from a dealer with a lot of small print. Basically I could only buy something in stock that wasn’t on sale, wasn’t a helmet, or bike parts... It was really intended to just push stale inventory. Saw this jacket (only one) hidden in a corner of the store and snagged it. Along with the 20% off I got on my Klim Induction last year, I basically got 2-for-1 Klim jackets.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never bought/sold anything on e-bay. :|
A whole world of delight and frustration awaits you @gfspencer - all those you didn't know you needed (and probably don't but the thrill of the chase is quite addictive).

eBay is the gateway drug to AliExpress too, so be warned.

E.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I managed to source some US spec Vance & Hines exhaust brand new from a eager in Suffolk who said they were “obsolete stock” for £350 including delivery as I made a cheeky offer

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Last year’s buy of a Roland Sands hoodie for about $25 (close out from $70), not that I needed it but, for that price, what the ****. This year’s find in the “do I really need another jacket contest” ?was a Merlin Yoxall $330 jacket for $200. The hoodie was new and the jacket was in virtually new, unworn condition. One man’s ...is another man’s...well, you know. Sometimes, if not always, eBay can be your friend.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The best eBay win I ever had was a pristine 1995 Ducati 900ss gas tank for $125 shipped. It’s getting tough to find parts for my Ducati after 24yrs so I’ve been stockpiling parts. The hardest part (and relatively most expensive buy) was a Ducati speedometer hub. Almost gave up after 2yrs of searching but found a used one for $150 ($35 part).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The best eBay win I ever had was a pristine 1995 Ducati 900ss gas tank for $125 shipped. It’s getting tough to find parts for my Ducati after 24yrs so I’ve been stockpiling parts. The hardest part (and relatively most expensive buy) was a Ducati speedometer hub. Almost gave up after 2yrs of searching but found a used one for $150 ($35 part).
Yikes, that was an expensive part. For the love of older bikes eh?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
A whole world of delight and frustration awaits you @gfspencer - all those you didn't know you needed (and probably don't but the thrill of the chase is quite addictive).E.
I'm busy looking for bottles of single malt Scotch that I haven't tried. I found one yesterday and one today. :grin2: Grand total is now 593. :|

·
Registered
356 Posts
You know that really nice looking ox-blood (merlot) Triumph jacket that is water repellent sitting in dealerships for $500? I found a guy exporting extremely good replicas out of Pakistan for around $100 or so on Ebay. Just be sure to buy 3 sizes larger. LOL

D

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
You know that really nice looking ox-blood (merlot) Triumph jacket that is water repellent sitting in dealerships for $500? I found a guy exporting extremely good replicas out of Pakistan for around $100 or so on Ebay. Just be sure to buy 3 sizes larger. LOL

D
And don't wear it in the rain. :|

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

D
Worth chucking the link in here, I'll take a look.

Always regret not buying this when I had the chance

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
And don't wear it in the rain. :|

I haven't ridden in the rain with it yet. It's been too "hella" hot in VA to even put it on as it has no vents and is double layer with CE pads. Having said that, it is quite surprising in its construction, and uses waxed cotton, just like the Triumph brand. I have a thin Australian Outback waxed coat that does well in most rain I wear on the Harley.

I have some high end coat wax and may give it a second coat, JIC. :smile2:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't ridden in the rain with it yet. It's been too "hella" hot in VA to even put it on as it has no vents and is double layer with CE pads. Having said that, it is quite surprising in its construction, and uses waxed cotton, just like the Triumph brand. I have a thin Australian Outback waxed coat that does well in most rain I wear on the Harley.

I have some high end coat wax and may give it a second coat, JIC. :smile2:
Do you have a link David?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts