Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from up north in Norway :smile2:

Rode bikes from 18-35, and then got kids. Now they are older and I got the «itch» this summer and after deliberating very shortly bought the showroom floor Bobber Black in matte paint from my local dealer.

Took delivery some weeks ago, and love it. Great feel and handles superbly for the type of bike. Really a feat of engineering.

Don’t love the meagre amount of fuel they run it on at low revs due to the Euro 4 restrictions, but see some have remedies for that. I’ll see what I end up with after a bit of research.

The bike is undergoing some mods, so I’ll present it when most is done (is it ever though....)

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I’ve had the itches many times.
Sometimes the doc cured it, but most times the remedy was my friendly bike dealer >:)

I agree that the low speed fueling is an issue.
A booster plug is one solution.
I have also tried the RAPID BIKE EASY module, but eventually removed it. Works amazing on the R1200GSA, but just could not get the trim right on the Bobber & the CEL light kept coming on (and the bike felt “wrong”).
So for me, the Booster plug works and is well priced.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I came back from a 20 year break from motorcycling with the Bobber as well. Just moved my youngest into college two days ago.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome from another Country where we have to park our bikes in the snow months. O-well it gives us lots of time for mods in the winter. The Bobber is a great bike, Triumph did a super job on the engineering and the looks. The day I picked mine up in Calgary, about 1 month ago now, they actually did three Bobber deliveries on the same day. Even they noted that was rare, but they said the current Triumph line-up is one of there top sellers in the past year. They also carry Yamaha, Moto Guzzi, BMW, Suzuki, KTM, Vespa, along with other brands. Probably the busiest motorcycle dealer in town. I got a note in the mail today I have a package to pick up at my local Post Office tomorrow, I think it might be my new Corbin Saddle in Bomber Brown, or that is what I am hoping for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome from another Norwegian. I bought the booster plug, and it helped alot. The jerkiness at low rpms are almost gone, but not completely.

The bike ran much better after the break in period service also.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Read about that, but I’m guessing it’s the same as they did at the first maintenance service?
I doubt they did this during the first service.
Anyway its worth a try. Worst case is you used up 20mins & a teaspoon of fuel :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Mods in the works

Thanks for the greetings everyone.

Welcome! What mods are underway?
For mods, there are quite a few going on:

Already installed are (Triumph original parts unless otherwise stated):
Mini ape-hangers
Retro grips (barrel)
12v plug
Brown statement seat
Black swingarm bag
Mirrors (BAAK, mounted under the bars)

I have a "pile of parts" waiting:
Short front fender
Side mounted licence plate
R&G radiator guard (black)
R&G side stand extension
R&G bash plate (uncertain if this will be a success, looks a bit "tech" in the online images, so may remove again)
Wunderkind forward controls
Wunderkind short rear fender and integrated turn/stop signals
Motone brass gas cap
Motone front mounts for blinkers
Rizoma iride front blinkers (Black)

The Wunderkind rear fender is supplied raw steel, so it's going to the painters next week. Everything is on hold to be fitted until the fender is ready and we can do it all in one session. Uncertain if it will be this year, as the autum seems to come very quick up north this year. Hope I get the chance to have it all ready for a couple of rides before putting the bike away for winter.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
That Wunderskind rear fender with integrated LEDs is beautiful! Costly, but a major improvement.

I'm curious about why you decided to go with extremely small and integrated signals/blinkers in the rear and much bigger ones in the front. Did you not like the other options out there that are more integrated (Wunderkind/Rage 360 etc)?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why Iride turn signals

...I'm curious about why you decided to go with extremely small and integrated signals/blinkers in the rear and much bigger ones in the front....
Initially I ordered the Rizomaz before I knew about the Wunderkind Custom rear-fender, and I was going the route of Triumph original short rear fender, with Rizoma iride front and rear mounted via Motone's adapters for Triumph original "sockets".

Then Triumph cancelled sales of the short rear fender for my market, and I was stuck with a set of Rizomas.

So I'm going to mount them and see if I like it. If not, I'm going for Motogadget M-Blaze pin mounted on the front forks, or Motogadget M-Blaze disk on the end of the handlebars (if I can be bothered with all the work of drilling out the ends of the bars, and routing the cables.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Read about that, but I’m guessing it’s the same as they did at the first maintenance service?
I doubt they did this during the first service.
Anyway its worth a try. Worst case is you used up 20mins & a teaspoon of fuel /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
What I mean is that since the 12min tune only is a relearn cycle for the ecu, a software update/reset probably would yield the same result.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pictures or it did'nt happen...

So, showtime for the bobber mods. There are still some parts to attatch (R&G side stand extender and R&G radiator guard). Anyways, here are photos of the bobber with new mods as written about earlier in this thread:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts