Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I didn’t have any interest in these until I sat on a Bobber with it installed tonight. For a taller guy especially they are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm waiting to see if I can get the new 2018 Speedmaster's forward controls on my Bobber. Should work, but if I can't, I'll go with the Free Spirits.

·
Registered
363 Posts
FreeSpirits are releasing some pretty cool accessories for the Bobber.
Did you see the BELT DRIVE chain replacement kit?
https://www.freespiritsparts.com/en/belt-drive-conversion-for-triumph-bobber-silver.html
No more lubing ! Would be interesting to note the difference in power with a belt fitted (and acceleration, as the ratios are slightly different)
didn't you have the belt installed a little while ago? or was it somebody else?

http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/601-what-did-you-do-your-triumph-bonneville-bobber-today/2098-belt-drive-conversion.html

·
Registered
140 Posts
Eisen, quick question. What is the recommended service interval and adjustment procedure for the belt? You may not have to lube, but it still needs adjusting. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Eisen, quick question. What is the recommended service interval and adjustment procedure for the belt? You may not have to lube, but it still needs adjusting. Thanks
There are no specific maintenance instructions from FreeSpirits.
So when the bike is in for a service it is checked for adjustment & tension. Also, when the rear tire is changed it will be checked too.
Generally, i just make sure there are no stones or debris that can cause damage.
The lifespan of a beltdrive is variable, but can go on for more than 120K+ KMs.

This is the tension info that came in the manual:

·
Registered
370 Posts
It was great meeting you too. If anyone’s in the ny metro area AJ cycles is a nice shop and good people.

I keep fighting myself now to bring my bike back to you to get those forward controls haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
Free spirits has some cool stuff, but pricey. Their high flow air cleaner kit looks pretty sweet, but at $600 American dollars I'll pass. Not worth the money. Maybe about half that price would be fine.

·
Registered
140 Posts
There are no specific maintenance instructions from FreeSpirits.
So when the bike is in for a service it is checked for adjustment & tension. Also, when the rear tire is changed it will be checked too.
Generally, i just make sure there are no stones or debris that can cause damage.
The lifespan of a beltdrive is variable, but can go on for more than 120K+ KMs.

This is the tension info that came in the manual:
Thanks. Tension and deflection info was what I was looking for. About same specs as my Indian. 10 lbs. and 10 mm. Should be checked cold, I assume, at the tightest spot, just like the chain. Thanks again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts