Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’m sorry to raise what I’m confident has already been covered... I ran a search but I wasn’t able to find the thread?!

In any case... I have a Bobber Black which has covered just over 4000 miles. The tyres still look to have plenty of meat on them but I thought I remembered reading that many of you don’t get this many miles out of a pair.

What’s the average mileage you guys are seeing and what’s your general ridding style... slow and easy or ride it like you stole it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for all your help fella’s... greatly appreciated :surprise:

I’ve found out else where now so if the admin wouldn’t mind deleting this post I’d be grateful ;)

·
Registered
505 Posts
The only problem with white walls is that if you like them white, be prepared to work to keep them that way. Keeping the rear tire bright white is one of the highest maintenance items on my bike. Exhaust mostly and general road film take their toll on the white wall, and I can’t stand to have them dirty. Anyone with chain oilers or chain lube lovers will wreak havoc on the white wall also.

I love the look and will not go any other way on this bike, but they do take work to keep them white and bright.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The only problem with white walls is that if you like them white, be prepared to work to keep them that way. Keeping the rear tire bright white is one of the highest maintenance items on my bike. Exhaust mostly and general road film take their toll on the white wall, and I can’t stand to have them dirty. Anyone with chain oilers or chain lube lovers will wreak havoc on the white wall also.

I love the look and will not go any other way on this bike, but they do take work to keep them white and bright.
What is your regimen for keeping them looking good. Any tips, secret sauce, nuggets of wisdom appreciated! I am going to WW tires next. Love the look on these bikes.

·
Registered
505 Posts
For any chain fling, it can take a solvent on a rag to remove spots. For the general sidewall and whitewall, I use Wesley’s Bleach White whitewall cleaner. It is good at removing the road grime and exhaust soot that quickly dulls the white wall. Having a paddock stand is a must.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Toothpaste works a treat on whitewalls too.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi all,

I’m sorry to raise what I’m confident has already been covered... I ran a search but I wasn’t able to find the thread?!

In any case... I have a Bobber Black which has covered just over 4000 miles. The tyres still look to have plenty of meat on them but I thought I remembered reading that many of you don’t get this many miles out of a pair.

What’s the average mileage you guys are seeing and what’s your general ridding style... slow and easy or ride it like you stole it?

Thanks in advance.
Mines not a black, but have 4500 miles with 1.5 mm left, should get through spring, but have a set ready to fit. NOT white wall. But when you put a new tyre next to your old with plenty of meat - you will be surprised. Very surprised. Mine looked fine to me but measured at service time and was given the news.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
After an "enthusiastic" day of riding through the hills yesterday I checked my tyres when I got home to find ... they are shot. ?
I thought I'd get another ride in before I'm off the bike for some time for a big back operation but after 8,000 kms they've had enough. I definitely got my money's worth out of em ?
On the upside - it's white walls time! ??

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
After an "enthusiastic" day of riding through the hills yesterday I checked my tyres when I got home to find ... they are shot. ?
I thought I'd get another ride in before I'm off the bike for some time for a big back operation but after 8,000 kms they've had enough. I definitely got my money's worth out of em ?
On the upside - it's white walls time! ??

That looks like some serious cornering was done sir! How are your footpegs?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah the wear indicators are long gone - since replaced with high tensile bolts. Scraping is an issue - I'm considering making sacrificial stainless patches for the undersides of the V&H pipes before I wear through completely.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Wow! Looks more like you may want to save up for a cheap used sport bike for those days when you want to be sideways through corners. Great to know that a Bobber can survive that kind of flogging, but it obviously isn't what it was made to do on a regular basis.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts