Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’ve recently received a couple of comments suggesting that I’m too big for my Bobber Black. It’s something I pondered on before buying the bike but after doing a little research it seemed there is a reasonable amount of 6 ft plus owners out there.

I certainly don’t feel as if I’m too big for the bike!

I’m personally around 6.3” or 194 cm. I’m an athletic, (ish) 17 stone, so around 107 kgs.

Who else out there is a little on the... long side?!

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I’m 6’ 1 (186cm) and my wife says I don’t look too big for the bike. In fact I took her to the dealership before I bought it cause it’s THE lowest bike I’ve ever purchased (I do value her opinion above everyone else’s, obviously).

There are many other big guys out there who happily ride their Bobbers. The main thing is that you are comfy and happy with it. Screw what everyone else thinks (apart from your significant other....!)

I think BearJu is a tall guy as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I´m 173cm (5'8) with rather short legs and relatively long upper body and the Bobber is the most comfy bike I´ve ever had. Even I had the seat all the way back when I first got the bike. Mainly for coolness, I guess. I just recently moved it to the foremost position because I noticed that I sit a little hunched over. I have to admit that I have been using the statement seat from the first day I got the bike. I suppose that brings down the seating postion even more.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m 6’ 1 (186cm) and my wife says I don’t look too big for the bike. In fact I took her to the dealership before I bought it cause it’s THE lowest bike I’ve ever purchased (I do value her opinion above everyone else’s, obviously).

There are many other big guys out there who happily ride their Bobbers. The main thing is that you are comfy and happy with it. Screw what everyone else thinks (apart from your significant other....!)

I think BearJu is a tall guy as well.
Funnily enough I feel the same... my own wife also rides and when I asked her if I look too big for the bike she said, “no way you look as cool as **** on that bad boy”

Well no doubt she’s a little bias but like you say... her opinion matters more than anyone else’s :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Hi all,

I’ve recently received a couple of comments suggesting that I’m too big for my Bobber Black. It’s something I pondered on before buying the bike but after doing a little research it seemed there is a reasonable amount of 6 ft plus owners out there.

I certainly don’t feel as if I’m too big for the bike!

I’m personally around 6.3” or 194 cm. I’m an athletic, (ish) 17 stone, so around 107 kgs.

Who else out there is a little on the... long side?!

Ah, you must be my long lost identical twin...:grin2:Same measurements for me...

·
Registered
509 Posts
6'4" , built like a defensive lineman.

When I was thinking of buying one , I had a friend take a shot of me sitting on it , and I thought big , but not overwhelming. The size all the "big" bikes were in the 70's (owned and ridden several). Not big by today's market of supersized everything (Trucks , bikes , value meals...) , but perfect for a little Roadster. My wife , who rides as well , also said no , It didn't look too small.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well, I'm on the opposite end of the tape.. 5'4" on a good day.. got short legs .. I swear I'm related to "Barney Rubble"...
My wife has me by an inch or so.. depending on what shoes she wears..,
Not thin.. built like a fire plug.. bike fits me and my wife like s glove...
Now when I ride my 65 Honda s-90 .. I've been described like "a bear riding a bicycle"...

·
Registered
604 Posts
I just tell people 'I don't give a **** what you think, it's my bike and I bought it for me so piss off!' when they ask me it it's a 125 that i'm sat on lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
I also contemplated the size of me compared to the size of the bobber before buying it, i am only 5'9 but a xxxl size, but seeing pictures on this forum with tall/large guys on there bobbers, makes me feel better, but to be honest DILLIGAF comes in play once you are riding.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am between 6" / 6"2' depending on what my spine is up to that day and 91kg around the middle. I find the bobber a perfect fit. It takes up the same footprint in the garage as my last bike, its just lower. If anything, my smile is too bike for the bike when I am on it. Also, l've only had quite a few people comment how great the bike looks and then feels after they have had a sit on it, some taller than me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts