Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the Aux power socket home to fit to my bobber but, what kind of plug fits this?
I thought it would be the old cigarette lighter type but this is designed for something much smaller:surprise:

Any help appreciated :smile2:

Cheers!
mike

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Eisen is on the money... you can plug various adapters into it... I use mine for usb.

I plan to use it for my battery conditioner also but at the moment I’m using the bike so much I don’t need to worry about a flat battery:)

·
Registered
459 Posts
on the bobber, an auxiliary plug is available

it is designed to connect to a "cigarette lighter type" outlet specific to certain manufacturers
(DIN 4165 I think I understood) but I do not want to buy this accessory.

I just want to "find" the connector "ad hoc" to connect the power of a GPS.

if anyone has an idea of what type of connector?
another connection solution?
(I have an optimum connector on the bike & do not want to cut any origin cable :crying:)

thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts

I too use a Tomtom Rider 450 with that exact same mount. I ran the wire along with all the others on the left side of the tank and connected them directly to the battery. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
459 Posts
thanks Bassbar but I do not have enough place on the connectors of my battery; I already have the optimate .
the ideal would be to find the right plug to be connected in that of the original circuit.

·
Registered
116 Posts
thanks Bassbar but I do not have enough place on the connectors of my battery; I already have the optimate .
the ideal would be to find the right plug to be connected in that of the original circuit.
OK, I get what you are trying to do. Might be a Faston 6.3mm jack, but I can´t be entirely sure about that.
Easiest (and cheapest) way would probably be to cut off the jack and solder the wires or get a plug and jack or your liking and solder the new jack on. Just be sure to not cut both wires at the same time :wink2:

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Pfen,

If Steve is right (I guess so) you could also just add 2 male standard connectors to the TomTom wiring, might not look very nice but you’re gonna hide it under the tank anyway (i guess), ordering just this connector (online) probably costs you more in postage etc. then materialcosts :) .
Other option is to find a shop with that kind of stuff on stock, in your area? Guess gonna be a problem. If it is, send me a message, I guess (again I seem to love doing that) in Frankfurt I could find it at Conrad(.de), take an envelope and send it to you, you should be able to have it at end of the week (= before the weekend,....which I realise is not THAT important for you.

Just send me a message,
Cu
Léon

·
Registered
459 Posts
Pfen,

If Steve is right (I guess so) you could also just add 2 male standard connectors to the TomTom wiring, might not look very nice but you’re gonna hide it under the tank anyway (i guess), ordering just this connector (online) probably costs you more in postage etc. then materialcosts :) .
Other option is to find a shop with that kind of stuff on stock, in your area? Guess gonna be a problem. If it is, send me a message, I guess (again I seem to love doing that) in Frankfurt I could find it at Conrad(.de), take an envelope and send it to you, you should be able to have it at end of the week (= before the weekend,....which I realise is not THAT important for you.

Just send me a message,
Cu
Léon

0:)

thank you, my friends.I am waiting for information from the concession.
how they do to plug the accessories without cutting the wires.or they are the joints.
Does not everyone want guys to cut and weld wires without the possibility of going back? is not it?

when I would have had answers,I am tenacious, and if I must then go through the system of friends.
so I come back to you.:smile2:

a good thing.
I have already found or hid this crap auxiliary plug under the tank.
and with tiny fingers ..I think there is no need to remove the fuel tank.:wink2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
0:)

a good thing.
I have already found or hid this crap auxiliary plug under the tank.
and with tiny fingers ..I think there is no need to remove the fuel tank.:wink2:
You’re right, you don’t.....(take fuel tank off)
If you want a fast solution being able to return to “original”,... cut wire 3cm before connection, add crimp insulation and the TomTom wires. (Soldering wires of course)==> Original joint still there AND TomTom power. In case of selling bike, cut off 2 power wires and repair cable with crimp insulation. ( i know = quick and dirty) but runs :)

Cu
Léon

·
Registered
459 Posts
@Leon:

the ideal would still be:
*to find the correct male plug.
*to connect the 2 tom-tom's wires then connect the 2 together.
It's still crazy.:nerd:
they put a plug and we are not able to find the plug that goes in :crying:

can be another solution.
order this cable available in the kit for T120 cut the cable at one end and solder the 2 wires of the TomTom

·
Super Moderator
771 Posts
You’re right, you don’t.....(take fuel tank off)
If you want a fast solution being able to return to “original”,... cut wire 3cm before connection, add crimp insulation and the TomTom wires. (Soldering wires of course)==> Original joint still there AND TomTom power. In case of selling bike, cut off 2 power wires and repair cable with crimp insulation. ( i know = quick and dirty) but runs :)

Cu
Léon
With my other hobby head on (sail cruising) current wisdom (comes from aero industry as well) soldering isn't a good idea as it removes flex in the cable and can cause fracture failure of the connection. The best solution is the correct sized quality crimp fitted using a good quality ratchet crimper, and the crimp being gel-filled...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Lift the rear of the fuel tank and position the harness connector of the power plug which is masked on the harness of the main wiring harness in the area under the fuel tank on the right side of the motorcycle (from Google Translate)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ok

@Leon:

the ideal would still be:
*to find the correct male plug.
*to connect the 2 tom-tom's wires then connect the 2 together.
It's still crazy.:nerd:
they put a plug and we are not able to find the plug that goes in :crying:

can be another solution.
order this cable available in the kit for T120 cut the cable at one end and solder the 2 wires of the TomTom

Maybe somewhat Expensive solution, but... would work.
Cu
Léon

1 - 20 of 23 Posts