Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there that makes exhaust adapters for the Bobber?
It would be great if someone could engineer the elbow pipe to fit the cat and was of a diameter to allow the fitting of the universal type mufflers that are out there.
Given the right length the seam could be hidden behind the header pipe shield.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
thats probably an easy job for any muffler shop!?
Assuming they have the stock, they can cut, bend and flare the end.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just want some straight pipes, like the Delkevic brand, but ending with slash cuts like British Customs

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I just want some straight pipes, like the Delkevic brand, but ending with slash cuts like British Customs
Delkevic sells a slash cut too. I'm seriously contemplating installing them since I need a new exhaust.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Gotta agree, why by a pipe that might not fit your x pipe (cough) or CAT when you already have a pipe thats purpose fitted with the correct bend and length. Slash those off with a jig or circular saw and take them with the universal pipes down to any muffler shop or welder. Heck they can even weld in a small fixed bracket instead of those long ugly adjustable ones. What I really want though is a 2-1 exhaust that uses the stock headers instead. Thought about modding an motone xpipe for the job since they converge to something a little larger than others. Ive seen complex cross over pipes but that interupts even heat flow distribution and requires more welding, bending, and pipes with new bungs etc... Really just need to step the pipe that connects the single exhaust after that, guess you could use stock size and just cap the one exit but that would "probably" ruin flow characteristics. I also looked at the universal martini mufflers TR3 , they are a steal and have a great shape

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts