Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my ape hangers and quilted seat this weekend. The bars were a good 4 hour job for me following the directions and getting the GDamn front brake line bled took an hour of that. Seat was 30 minutes. It was finally nice enough to take her out yesterday I did about 60 miles and had to go get gas lol so I went home. (yeah I know my barn is a mess)

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
So, are these apes or just high rise bars?

In the 60s and 70s they were never considered apes unless your hands were at shoulder height or higher.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great, how you you like the new seat? More comfortable than stock?
The quilted seat is a bit flatter and more cushy than the stock seat which I like, but with the taller bars i feel like I'm rotated backward a few degrees. I'm going to play with a few washers under the vertical seat attachment bolt to see if I can get it perfect.

Also would kill for forward controls being 6'3" but I'll wait till a less expensive option comes out than the free spirits.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, are these apes or just high rise bars?

In the 60s and 70s they were never considered apes unless your hands were at shoulder height or higher.
They're right at shoulder height for me with the seat all the way down. So I guess I meet your street cred criteria? :grin2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did the high bars come with the rider bushings and pinned clamp? Ive been waiting two months for my bars to come in from Triumph and cannot get a clear answer if it’s included with the kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts