Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. I see BC has them and they are 12" tall. Does anyone know if the ones that Triumph has are taller. 12" seem a bit short.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the triumph apes are 12in i have them. also the triumph apes have pins that lock them in place so they can't go forward or pull down for safety.

·
Registered
810 Posts
They are all 12" because that is what the Triumph extended cable and wiring kit will support. If you need mega Apes you will simply have to fabricate ABS, throttle by wire, mode, turn signal, horn, high/lowbeam wires etc. And oh lets not forget clutch and brake cables. Did I say simply! These are not Harleys where half a dozen after market suppliers can accommodate you!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought I saw somewhere someone had the Triumph apes and said the cables had some slack. Maybe not 4" of slack, but maybe enough to add risers. Not sure what that would look like though. This is just crap that goes through my head.

·
Registered
188 Posts
PERFECT for me.

I am 6'1" and the Triumph Apes are simply perfect for me. I loved the bike but hated the bars. I am comfortable for the long haul with no more wrist or sholder blade pain.

·
Registered
810 Posts
There is very little play especially in the clutch cable. I don't think you would even get an extra inch out of it without creating a problem!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anybody video riding with the high bars? Like to see the riding position.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anybody video riding with the high bars? Like to see the riding position.
here is a short video where the Bobber is actually moving - skip to 1:45

in this video the owner talks a bit about the ape hangers, the riding position and his panniers (but it's not really a riding video)

Reactions: Treeman

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone know if the apes from British Customs are the exact same as the Triumph bars? Can't seem to find much info on the Triumph bars. BC are quit a bit cheaper though.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got around to ordering the black ape hangers through Triumph. Must be popular. Back ordered. Won't see them for a month. Patience isn't my strong suit.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Mine are on the way. Should be here next week together with the extended brake/clutch cables.
I must admit that i am still unsure if i am going to install them, as i REALLY like the way the bike looks with the OEM bar.
Saying that, i have only ever seen the high bars in photos & never in person - hence the reason i ordered a set.
The consensus is that they are very comfy.

The local dealer is just about to install a set of clip-ons. They look amazing (together with the black statement seat). But my lower back and bum would not be happy with that particular setup :eek:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Mine are on the way. Should be here next week together with the extended brake/clutch cables.
I must admit that i am still unsure if i am going to install them, as i REALLY like the way the bike looks with the OEM bar.
Saying that, i have only ever seen the high bars in photos & never in person - hence the reason i ordered a set.
The consensus is that they are very comfy.

The local dealer is just about to install a set of clip-ons. They look amazing (together with the black statement seat). But my lower back and bum would not be happy with that particular setup :eek:
The clip-ons look great but I am only good for about 45 min. with them these days.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The Triumph high bars make the Bobber as comfortable as the Bobber can get....and it needs all the help I can provide.

Chico

1 - 18 of 18 Posts