Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got mine fitted on Friday.
I am pleased with them so far. I takes the weight of my wrists in slow traffic and brings the bars back a few inches. Enough to get me sat up straighter.

At first handling felt less responsive without my weight off the front wheel but that feeling went away as I adjusted to the new riding position.

I was wanting to get a small screen to fettle the wind at higher speeds anyway, but it's a bit more pronounced with the high bars putting you more upright.

I've only done about 50 miles with them but so far it's money well spent and they look pretty **** cool.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I rode the Bobber for 3 months with standard bars. Now I have the apes there will be no going back as they are just superb. The bike handles just as well but the comfort level is much improved.
I also coupled them with the Triumph Barrel Grips and the machined levers from TEC Parts in Newcastle.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi-do you happen to have a pic of yourself on it- trying to judge where the bars lie in relation to sitting.

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Apes will be my first mod for sure, This Bobber just screams Apes....

I have never looked back, just love them and the control and comfort levels are excellent. Another great addition I made where the barrel grips (£25) from Triumph.
I had the heated grips waiting to go on the bike (when the apes finally arrived) but after feeling the barrel grips on another bike I just had to have them. It turned out to be a brilliant move as it makes so much difference having the barrel grip as opposed to standard or heated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where did you get? Triumph or after market

Just got mine fitted on Friday.
I am pleased with them so far. I takes the weight of my wrists in slow traffic and brings the bars back a few inches. Enough to get me sat up straighter.

At first handling felt less responsive without my weight off the front wheel but that feeling went away as I adjusted to the new riding position.

I was wanting to get a small screen to fettle the wind at higher speeds anyway, but it's a bit more pronounced with the high bars putting you more upright.

I've only done about 50 miles with them but so far it's money well spent and they look pretty **** cool.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts