Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
I’ve been thinking of doing this also. I thought I saw a thread on here (or TRAT) where someone took those apart.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I removed both the top and bottom throttle body decorative pieces in order coat the throttle bodies and parts. I didn’t see an easy way to remove them, so I just masked them off. I blacked out the entire throttle body assembly and left those bronze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks John,

How easy was it to remove these parts and black out this area?

Cheerio,

Roy

There is a single Allen cap screw in each piece, top and bottom of each throttle body. There are (if I recall correctly) two electrical connectors that can be disconnected (one between the throttle bodies and one on the right outside throttle body). Disconnecting the right hand side one is easiest AFTER removing the top right hand Allen cap screw and lifting off the barrel shaped cover. Them, the entire throttle body unit will come out after loosening the band clamps on each throttle body to cylinder head connector. Very quick and easy job, if you have pod filters. If you have stock air boxes, it is only a few steps longer. I can remove the throttle bodies on mine and strip them down in probably under 15 minutes.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Roy ...Just the kind of diversion I needed , I need to take a bit of a break from The KZ750 project . Taking of the throttle bodies on the BB and painting them would be a great way of doing just that , I think I will leave the brass ring brass though .

·
Registered
76 Posts
I removed both the top and bottom throttle body decorative pieces in order coat the throttle bodies and parts. I didn’t see an easy way to remove them, so I just masked them off. I blacked out the entire throttle body assembly and left those bronze.

What did you use to paint them or was this powder coating?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thought I liked the aluminum look of the stock throttle bodies but that does look great, I might give that a try with the Motone brass covers to match up with the rings and add a degree of extra contrast.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You guys inspired me to black out my throttle bodies today. First I went for a good ride through Latigo Canyon, then I came home and painted them.

I already had the covers painted black, but today took apart the rest of it.

The first picture is earlier today before painting, then fully reassembled.

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
You guys inspired me to black out my throttle bodies today. First I went for a good ride through Latigo Canyon, then I came home and painted them.

I already had the covers painted black, but today took apart the rest of it.

The first picture is earlier today before painting, then fully reassembled.
I like the blacked out battery box strap.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts