Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to listen my tunes while riding and also like to be able to answer important phone calls, therefore I’ve been looking for a power source to fit on the bars of the bobber. I’ve seen a few out there but they look cheap and don’t look like they would last very long. Just looking for suggestions and or thoughts on what you have.
Thanks Nick

·
Registered
697 Posts
Why not buy a cheaper tubular power bank and attach it to something that can clamp onto the bar?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My solution seems to work, at least for me. It is an iPhone 6 so I play music, answer calls and have a map display

The mophie powerbank case has a quadlock stuck on the rear which connects to the bike.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
My solution seems to work, at least for me. It is an iPhone 6 so I play music, answer calls and have a map display

The mophie powerbank case has a quadlock stuck on the rear which connects to the bike.
Excellent solution.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've used a couple of different handlebar USB to SAE power outlets. They are all over amazon/ebay. All have eventually died on me. I ended up using a battery tender SAE/USB adapter (link below) and use a black iphone cable direly plugged into that. I'm also using a quadlock mount/case and tuck the iphone cable under the handle bar wire ties. Much cleaner and more reliable than the handlebar outlets. It's held up for a few months now.

Battery Tender USB adapter
https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-081-0158-Disconnect-Smartphone/dp/B00DJ5KEF4/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=battery+tender+usb&qid=1566487569&s=gateway&sr=8-3

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much for all the suggestions, I went with a bikemaster one fro A and J cycles, ran the wire up under the tank and zip tied it to the bars! Im sure I'll be replacing it every so often, just don't see it being a permanent solution.
Thanks again for all the helpful info!
Nick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts