Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see posts about Cigars so I thought I’d write about something else that my kids and me have been having a load of fun on recently. I’ve bought some electric scooters for the family. These are the scooters you are seeing for rent now in the big US cities. These things are awesome!!! The batteries last all day and these things really move. Here are photos of the Quiwa I own. It goes 30 mph! I also own a few from Xiaomi. As all of us like to ride and feel the wind I highly recommend these for short trips to town to run errands. No waiting at lights, park anywhere etc.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
So I see posts about Cigars so I thought I’d write about something else that my kids and me have been having a load of fun on recently. I’ve bought some electric scooters for the family. These are the scooters you are seeing for rent now in the big US cities. These things are awesome!!! The batteries last all day and these things really move. Here are photos of the Quiwa I own. It goes 30 mph! I also own a few from Xiaomi. As all of us like to ride and feel the wind I highly recommend these for short trips to town to run errands. No waiting at lights, park anywhere etc.
Illegal in the UK....

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've got a Vespa Sprint 150. It's a good fun little runaround and does a comfortable 120kmph. Sold my Honda after buying the BB but no way will I let the Vespa go.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I’ve got a couple of electric Goped hoverboards... I’ve got them registered as disability scooters and have used them all over the U.K. for the last 8 years or so...

My main use is taking the dog for a walk, he trots alongside, or going to British Superbike race meetings, where they really save my legs when I want to watch the racing from different vantage points..

Technically they’re illegal, but I don’t ride like a dick, and respect other pedestrians etc, and I’ve never had a problem, I even had police come and ask about the scooters on the sea front in Great Yarmouth, and in Spain. Once I explained my walking difficulties they were fine with it:smile2:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Really cool...but why “no waiting at lights”? Recently outlawed here in Milwaukee until some kind of licensing agreement can be made. They were in the news everyday for about a month...then....pffttt.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Here’s a pic of my Gopeds....

I’ve altered the gearing to make them slower.... so I get max about 18 mph... but most of the time I’m at walking pace with the dog at my side...:smile2:

·
Registered
60 Posts

Where did you get your Quiwa? I can't seem to find where to purchase. Also, what do you think of your xiaomi? Ive seen them at decent prices.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts