Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I finished a ride a few days ago and noticed that the heat shield on the right exhaust had fallen off mid ride. (See picture)

Contacted my dealer about getting a new one and they quoted over $300 AUD to replace it. I nearly fell of my chair. I had a quick check online at some overseas retailers, as these are often cheaper, and the best I could find was still around $240 plus postage. I could almost get a new exhaust system for that much!

Anyway, given how many people swap out their stock exhaust, I thought that someone on this forum, preferably in Australia, might have a spare right hand heat shield gathering dust they’d be happy to sell. I’m not worried if it’s black or brushed steel as I’m happy to paint it.

Hit me up with a direct message if you have one available.

Thanks

Brendan

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
That's crazy expensive for just that small piece of metal. And I thought I was being fleeced for a new gear lever (£85.00 (about $150.00 Australian dollars))!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Contacted my dealer about getting a new one and they quoted over $300 AUD to replace it. I nearly fell of my chair. I had a quick check online at some overseas retailers, as these are often cheaper, and the best I could find was still around $240 plus postage. I could almost get a new exhaust system for that much!

That looks to be a typical Peter Stevens quote mate, you have to wonder how they calculate a price set on some spares. The faux header pipe covers that sit between the Cat unit and the slip-on are only $50.00 ????

Example, compare the exorbitant list price on OEM shorty levers here to what you can buy off-shore, nearly 1/2 price.

·
Registered
180 Posts
That really sucks, especially if you intending to keep oem exhausts. Do you think contacting Triumph UK directly about this may help? They may have some in a parts bin?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Just out of curiosity I asked my local dealer to quote the shield. Got back to me with $165.00 US.:surprise:

Chico

·
Registered
268 Posts
If your under warranty you might be able to get one free. If it simply vibrated off without any contact and you never serviced/swapped the pipes it sounds like they didnt have the bolt torqued down properly. I'd contact Hinckley and try to get it under warranty, couldn't hurt anyways

1 - 8 of 8 Posts