Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
My wife has no interest in riding a motorcycle.

Although she did say she sort of likes the idea of a little scooter..

Cheerio,

Roy
My wife would rather ride a Vespa by herself than ride pillion with me but has no interests in motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
My wife used to ride pillion but hates bikes since we lost our son in a motorbike accident.

Chico

Hello @Chico,

Very 'very' sorry to hear this, what a heartbreak.

I recall the day as a teenager when I went to my mom to ask if I could get a bike knowing my oldest brother had died on his. To her credit she said yes but I remembered 'her' loss every time I rode. Even though I got teased by my 'tough' biker mates, I would always telephone her to let her know I wasn't coming home (parties and the like) just so she wouldn't worry.

My thoughts to yourself for your loss and please pass them on to your good lady.

Roy

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wow!
Yeah, sorry to hear Chico.

My wife and daughter used to both ride pillion with my past and other bike.
Neither have in about 4 or so years. Even though my wife has her motorcycle license she’s just been spooked lately and doesn’t want anything to do with them.
My daughter has just been too busy or hardly ever home to ride with me. She does, however, want me to teach her to ride and eventually get herself a small cc bike.
We’ll see.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful words. After that cataclysmic event I had to go through a lot of soul searching before I took my first ride. My family and friends were aghast when I decided to climb back on a motorcycle. I find myself riding much more conservatively since I know what can happen and how it affects those left behind.
Roy, I understand how your mother must have felt as well as how you must feel. My son has a sister, my daughter, and it's been hard on her having lost her younger brother she knew since he was born.

Chico

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
This is really hard to read, guys. Roy, I've known about your losses since you've referenced them a number of times and I've always admired the fortitude that got you to continue riding. Chico, I didn't know about your son and am so sorry to hear that. I honestly don't know what I'd do if I had gone through what you have. But, I suppose if you love doing something you somehow power through it, if at all possible.

As for the subject of the thread, my wife does not ride, nor would she ever. She did try a Vespa once and got a few yards before it scared the living daylights out of her. Physically adventurous, she's not. But, in other ways she is, so it all balances out. She'll tell people she doesn't like motorcycles or that I ride and then in Spain, where we live a good part of the year, she'll say "why don't you buy a bike for here?" Go figure.

P.S. I think if my wife read this thread, she might might not be so accommodating. Just sayin'

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Chico, I’m really, truly sorry to hear about such a tragic event.
I can’t begin to fathom what it’s like to go through that, but our thoughts are with you.
Your strength and will to carry on doing what you love is an inspiration.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
My wife used to ride with me back in ‘09 but stopped once our first son was born. She always rode next to me and never ventured out alone.
Since then she prefers being pillion or preferably being chauffeured around in a comfy, air -conditioned car :laugh:

Here is her F800S next to my R1200R:

And the love of my life (my wife, not the bike...:))

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Chino, sorry to hear about your son. I can't imagine anything worse.

* * * * * * *​

I've been riding since the early 70's. My wife has been on the back of one of my bikes once. She won't have anything to do with riding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my bobber for Christmas and since the cold and snow melted I've put about 1,000 miles on. My husband rides a Harley-Davidson. When we go riding my bike gets all the looks and comments.
Heading on a trip soon, looking for a luggage rack that doesn't compromise the look of the bike.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts