Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s one of the few vices I have but recently started getting more into the cigar “lifestyle”. I always find myself taking a ride to either the cigar lounge or some place I can smoke or when working in the garage. Nothing like burning a stick and a glass of whisky or cup of coffee. Any cigar smokers on here? What are you smoking?

One of my personal favorites/go to sticks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I have four large humidors stocked with cigars (a few Cuban) but I haven't smoked a cigar in two years. :frown2: I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and the hormones that I had to take messed me up. I'm fine now but I haven't regained my taste for cigars yet. I do keep them properly humidified so they are aging well. Maybe one of these days. :|

Thank goodness I never lost my taste for Single Malt Scotch. >:)

The cigar that you have looks like a nice one. Enjoy!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not a smoker but big single malt fan.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
I used to partake years ago. Unfortunately I was spoiled by Cubans (for only $5 each!) while serving in Iraq, and sort of let them fade off into the sunset after that. I used to love a good Nicaraguan cigar as well. I heard that they transplanted Cuban plants in Nicaragua, but they definitely lacked the "kick" a true Cuban has.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Not a smoker but big single malt fan.
There is nothing better than a single malt and a good cigar. Try Dalmore Cigar Malt with an Oliva V (moderately priced) or a Fuente OpusX (moderately expensive).

You guys are going to get me smoking again. >:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is nothing better than a single malt and a good cigar. Try Dalmore Cigar Malt with an Oliva V (moderately priced) or a Fuente OpusX (moderately expensive).

You guys are going to get me smoking again. >:)
Both great smokes. I’ve been on a bourbon kick lately.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Been smoking cigars for 50 years, even built my own humidor.

Chico
That, my friend is mighty impressive !!!! :smile2:
Personally I don’t smoke but do appreciate the smell of a good cigar (cannot stand cigarette smoke, though !!)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Macallan 30. Very nice! Expensive stuff... Would like to try it but at over 3000$ here for a bottle... never had the chance!

I have a decent collection of single malt at home but nothing that expensive.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I've never been a smoker but applaud quality, so can understand the desire for a quality cigar.

I'm 100% a single malt chap. Coupled with a nice handmade chocolate and I'm a happy chap.:grin2::grin2::grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy
We have a small chocolate shop in town. The owner is a genius. He makes delicious chocolates. I stop in every other week for a pound of sea salt chocolate. :grin2:

I just tasted my 476th different single malt last night! (I keep a spread sheet. :nerd: ) I have a new Springbank for tonight. That will make 477.

I envy those of you in G.B. because of your proximity to different single malts.

Today is a little chilly to ride. I'm going to re-humidify my cigar boxes.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I like a nice whisky or Armagnac when the weather turns; funnily enough I saw this post just as a storm/cold from hit, so last night I enjoyed a few sips after the kids went to bed :)
Just perfect with the thunder & lightning in the background.

Those Macallans are impressive! I have a bottle of the Macallan 25th Anniversary and a bottle of the Macallan 25. I've never gotten my hands on a 30. :frown2: I got a taste of The Macallan M the last time I was in California. The Macallan Rare Cask is pretty good.

My new favorite is Glengoyne 25. It is a real sherry bomb!

Edradour just recently came out with a new Ballechin 10 . . . lots of peat for an Edradour. Very nice!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Macallan 30. Very nice! Expensive stuff... Would like to try it but at over 3000$ here for a bottle... never had the chance!

I have a decent collection of single malt at home but nothing that expensive.
They don't have to be expensive to be good. :wink2:
$3000 is out of my price range. I will spend $200 if I know that I am getting a darn good single malt but most of my bottles are a lot less than that.

10 years ago when I first started buying the Macallan 25th Anniversary it was $100 a bottle. I thought that was terribly expensive. Two years ago I saw it at the Macallan distillery in the gift shop. It was £ 2500. :surprise: My son gave me a bottle. I sip it very slowly.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
They don't have to be expensive to be good. :wink2:
$3000 is out of my price range. I will spend $200 if I know that I am getting a darn good single malt but most of my bottles are a lot less than that.

10 years ago when I first started buying the Macallan 25th Anniversary it was $100 a bottle. I thought that was terribly expensive. Two years ago I saw it at the Macallan distillery in the gift shop. It was £ 2500. :surprise: My son gave me a bottle. I sip it very slowly.
I totally agree with you.
My favorite whisky(s) are a Glenfiddich 21 or 30. Nowhere near the price of the Macallan, but every bit as good for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Chico
Great looking humidor Chico! I love a good cigar when walking, working on a bike, fishing, or just relaxing after dinner. I live in Oakland, NJ and own both a 2018 Bobber Black and a 2017 Can-Am F3-T. If you are interested in meeting for a cigar at JR (now Monte Christo Cigar Lounge) or the Brick House one of these days let me know and we can work out a plan. I am headed out for a cigar and long walk on the nature trail at RRR right now,
8BallMikey (AKA Mike Ferguson).

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

Chico
I keep looking at your humidor. I love it! How many cigars could you put in that? Your humidor makes my humidors look like match boxes. :laugh:

By the way, you inspired me. I have spent all afternoon recharging my humidors.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I keep looking at your humidor. I love it! How many cigars could you put in that? Your humidor makes my humidors look like match boxes. :laugh:

By the way, you inspired me. I have spent all afternoon recharging my humidors.
I can't tell for sure how many cigars my humidor can hold, it depends on the ring sizes I have at the time but it's several hundred. Thanks for reminding me, I need to moisten my humidors' humidity pods.

Chico

1 - 20 of 31 Posts