Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

It feels silly asking this question, but how do you all deal with rain on your helmet visor?

I've done the look left/right and allow the wind to take it off, plus wiped it with my glove (of course) but they're not great options. I hear Rain X works, but it's not good for the visor itself.

Any useful tips and cheats on this subject?

Cheers,
H

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
DO NOT use RainX on your visor. Or Windshield (if you have one).

I really enjoy riding in the rain (but not on my Bobber!) and over the years can say that apart from a well sealed helmet/visor that does not let water leak in, i recommend using:

1) An original Pinlock visor. This is an essential piece of kit if your helmet is pinlock ready.
2) VEE WIPE . This little thing is GREAT at wiping away water & dirt.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
DO NOT use RainX on your visor. Or Windshield (if you have one).

I really enjoy riding in the rain (but not on my Bobber!) and over the years can say that apart from a well sealed helmet/visor that does not let water leak in, i recommend using:

1) An original Pinlock visor. This is an essential piece of kit if your helmet is pinlock ready.
2) VEE WIPE . This little thing is GREAT at wiping away water & dirt.

You are nothing if not a wealth of information on moto accessories 👍. Looks like a great suggestion and it’s now on my list. Thanks!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Rain-X DOES make a plastic specific water repellent. I’ve always used their GLASS repellent on my windshield without any problems. I’m going to pick up a bottle of the plastic and give it a try....anything to get the bugs off easier!

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Rain-X DOES make a plastic specific water repellent. I’ve always used their GLASS repellent on my windshield without any problems. I’m going to pick up a bottle of the plastic and give it a try....anything to get the bugs off easier!
I have yet to source the plastic specific Rain X here in Spain.
But you are absolutely right that it does exist for Plastics now:
https://www.rainx.co.uk/rain-x-for-plastic-windscreens-and-helmets-now-available/

I use the (glass) windscreen version on my car and it works great.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I don't ride in the rain. :|

When I was riding a GS I had all the aerostitch gear and my GSs always had the big windscrean, heated grips, etc. Some days I rode for hours in he rain. I even crossed the Alps in a snow storm. That was exciting. :surprise: With my Bobber if it looks like rain I don't go out. :|

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Plexus is amazing - but now soooo difficult to source (is it even made anymore??)
Plexus won’t help dissipate rain or dirt and it is not anti-fog, but it was THE best plastic cleaner on the market.
My bikes felt like silk after being sprayed with plexus!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't ride in the rain. :|

When I was riding a GS I had all the aerostitch gear and my GSs always had the big windscrean, heated grips, etc. Some days I rode for hours in he rain. I even crossed the Alps in a snow storm. That was exciting. :surprise: With my Bobber if it looks like rain I don't go out. :|
I don't choose to ride in the rain, and fortunately for me here in California, it doesn't rain often. It's for the few times it does and I get caught out.

H

1 - 13 of 13 Posts