Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Tec

I don’t know anyone who’s fitted a TEC X-Pipe but if it’s of similar quality to their exhausts and shocks it should be great!

Their X-pipe video is also very reassuring :smile2:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it's good to know that their products are generally of good quality, I'm going to give their x-pipe a try. Agree about the vid.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't know if this has already been discussed, but could it be possible to chop the exhaust right before and after the cat/xpipe location and just connect the front header pipe directly to the exit with a straight pipe?

·
Registered
89 Posts
A thing of beauty. I'm guessing you're not in the States? I haven't been able to purchase it through TEC USA.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Bonnie

Did you record the sound before and after?

If not what difference did it make?

Did the ecu learn or are/did you have it remapped or new eprom from dealer?

I have bought the TEC pipe but not had chance to fit it yet.

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did you record the sound before and after? I recorded videos but the sound on the videos is not god :/

If not what difference did it make? I started with cat and no silencers and X-pipe and no silencers. Big difference. With stock silencers no (minor) differences.

Did the ecu learn or are/did you have it remapped or new eprom from dealer? No remap.

I have bought the TEC pipe but not had chance to fit it yet.

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A friend of mine and I fitted our decats today, he paid £240 for his, I paid £140 for mine, same bloody part from different manufactures, his came in a nice box with a load of instructions, mine came with no box and no instructions. By my calculations he paid £100 more than me for a cardboard box and some instructions, which goes in the bin anyway,
both easy to fit once we realised its best to fit the rear clamp and gasket to the flanged part of the xpipe before you fit it to the bike.
both bikes sounding a little better now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have said it before and will say it again, TEC offer great value for money more than often beating the competition in both price and quality. I have the x-pipe and the brake levers and will be getting the front suspension mods prob next year.

An x-pipe does make a difference in sound, especially when you give it a good rasp. I found the std end cans sounded great with the x-pipe but now I have the V&H US spec, I am in 7th heaven.
What a great (but not obnoxious) sound.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts