Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day!
I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my Morello Red Bobber from the other side of the country ? After being shown photos of a Bobber by a workmate 12 months ago I fell in love with the bike. I actually never thought it would happen but I decided if I didn't do whatever it took to get one now - it'd probably never happen and I'd regret it forever. It's been 10 years since I've had a road bike and no doubt the Bobber will be vastly different to the old Fireblade!

I'm super excited and look forward to doing a few mods thanks to the excellent information you lot have put together here on the forum.

See you out there soon!

Cheers Ben.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome Benny...from a fellow Aussie ( QLD )...you will really enjoy your Bobber.....suggest you change rear shock ...the standard one is not suitable ( can be unnerving ) for our tight bumpy corners.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot blokes, one more week of waiting ?
Appreciate the tip regarding the shock Genghis, I presume you changed yours out? Did you choose the FOX or another brand? Agree - our road surfaces are well below par.

Cheers Ben.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ye Haaar! She's finally here! And she's perfect! It's been such a long time coming but today that dream became reality when my Morello Red Bobber was delivered - whilst I was at work. It wasn't without drama though - the missus lost the key in the horse paddock just after taking delivery and spent a couple of nervous hours looking for it!
Pictures really don't do the Bobber justice do they - I spent a couple of hours till dark just walking around it looking at it. Such amazing detail! I did ride it up and down the driveway a couple of times though - so tempting to chuck a sickie tomorrow and ride all day!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on your bike & great choice of color.
As others have mentioned, the rear shock is a good and worthwhile upgrade.

Enjoy your ride tomorrow and the day off work :wink2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Benny......sorry for the lateness of reply.
I have purchased a Wilbers shock through Suspensions R Us...located in Victoria. Vgood to deal with...shock tuned for your specific weight ( including your riding gear ).
Fitting shock tomorrow 20 September....will advise outcome.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No worries Genghis, I look forward to hearing how it performs. I won't have a chance to ride till the weekend - fingers crossed for good weather. The most annoying thing for me is I have 2.5 km of dirt road to navigate before I get to any bitumen ?
Cheers Ben.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just back from my first ride on the Bobber...
Wow. WOW. What an awesome bike! I can't believe how comfortable it is and how natural the controls feel. Even my dirt road was a snatch. I had a nice mix of slower twisty roads and open straights to and from Strathalbyn ( for the locals). That torque is just fantastic- it pulls from nowhere!
I did cop a bug to the face at 100 just below my glasses which is puffing up nicely now and my old jacket zip stuffed up but who cares - I'm in love❤

1 - 13 of 13 Posts