Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This frigid weather has me going to the garage far too often. After cleaning up the tail mount, and swapping out the saddle and bag - the only low cost freebie I could think to do was the airbox delete. So while I had it up on the lift, I began dismantling the covers and bits. I finally finished it up. I must say, it really enhances the bike more than I realized it would. I was a bit on the fence, until I finished. Overall, an easy job.

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
This frigid weather has me going to the garage far too often. After cleaning up the tail mount, and swapping out the saddle and bag - the only low cost freebie I could think to do was the airbox delete. So while I had it up on the lift, I began dismantling the covers and bits. I finally finished it up. I must say, it really enhances the bike more than I realized it would. I was a bit on the fence, until I finished. Overall, an easy job.

What did you end up doing with the wiring?

·
Registered
46 Posts

Love the red. What are those?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Love the red. What are those?

K&N filters are expensive. I wasn't sure what size and shape I wanted to eventually go with, so for the mock-up, I decided to experiment with these oval set of filters that are designed for a Honda CB500. The ovals are a perfect fit, give a good amount of air without being too much - and due to the flatness of the sides, will not hit your leg in any way.

Personally, I like the red too... it brings out the color of the seat. I just found they make it in black, I may do a swap out to see if I like it better. :smile2:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What did you end up doing with the wiring?

Yeah.... that's a challenge. I ain't paying over $200 USD for piece of plastic. My initial idea: I purchased leather motorcycle bar bag (5" by 3") off Amazon for cheap ($15). I'm going to cut a slit in the back and fish all the wires and fuses into the bag. I haven't received the bag yet, but will post my results.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah.... that's a challenge. I ain't paying over $200 USD for piece of plastic. My initial idea: I purchased leather motorcycle bar bag (5" by 3") off Amazon for cheap ($15). I'm going to cut a slit in the back and fish all the wires and fuses into the bag. I haven't received the bag yet, but will post my results.
Smart and resourceful.

·
Registered
758 Posts
That sounds like a good idea! can't wait to see it.

I was of the same thinking, not paying 200 for a piece of plastic, but would like to do something different with the arrangement I have atm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts