Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deleted air box , installed a couple of black pod filters keeps the theme of the bike I luv the look . I do need to fabricate a piece of plastic sheet to cover the wiring , doesn't look bad but It would finish It of . Haven't had a chance to ride It yet but I didn't see any codes light up .

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Would love to see photos after you fashion something up to cover the wires. I was looking at the harness from A&J to do exactly that but the price is a bit steep. I heard there was another member who made something out of leather that was pretty slick.

Either way, it looks good!

·
Registered
360 Posts
looks awesome! can't wait til i get my bike back from shop for some warranty work as i have all the parts at the ready. like the black filters as it goes well with your bike. i got the sprint pod filters from a&j. i would have also liked black (as they're grey), but since i have the ironstone tank, i think it may compliiment my bike well too!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here is my bike with the Airbox Removed and a Wire Harness from AJs Installed. I installed Velocity Stacks with some Pre-Filter Screens fastened by a Hose Clamp, instead of using Pods.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I originally had, fastened down with Zip Ties until I saw the Wire Harness Cover sold by AJs....got that and it cleaned it up a bit.

I'm not knocking anybody that's bought that cover , I just cant justify 220 bones for a piece of plastic .

·
Registered
360 Posts
i like the homemade solution - very clean. personally i'm not a fan of zip ties though. i don't mind them for things like cables, hoses, etc.
i guess i like to keep anything from being tied/attached to the frame as much as possible.

i will be doing this mod hopefully soon, and have the a&j harness cover and do agree it is pricey. i was maybe thinking of painting it gloss black to match the frame and help blend it in so it doesn't stand out so much being the flat black plastic piece that it is. will decide once i move forward on this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I honestly just wrapped all of the wiring in tesa tape and neatly packed them together and it cleaned it up quite a bit. I plan on making some sort of paracord netting to cover it all but I am just lazy at the moment.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Deleted air box , installed a couple of black pod filters keeps the theme of the bike I luv the look . I do need to fabricate a piece of plastic sheet to cover the wiring , doesn't look bad but It would finish It of . Haven't had a chance to ride It yet but I didn't see any codes light up .
wasn't aware, but just found out will also need the crankcase breather when doing this mod. didn't know this (as some images like in your photos and some others) it doesn't look like there is the breather installed. maybe i'm just not seeing it, but here's an image where you can really see it. the one they sell at a&j is the k&n red one, which i really wish was black or a grey. just don't want it to really stand out with it being red.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wasn't aware, but just found out will also need the crankcase breather when doing this mod. didn't know this (as some images like in your photos and some others) it doesn't look like there is the breather installed. maybe i'm just not seeing it, but here's an image where you can really see it. the one they sell at a&j is the k&n red one, which i really wish was black or a grey. just don't want it to really stand out with it being red.

You can buy all shapes and colors .

https://www.shopping.net/shopping?qsrc=999&qo=semQuery&ad=semD&o=600327&l=sem&askid=391d10e5-7786-417e-9a5e-032fb2495102-0-sn_msm&q=crankcase filter&dqi=Black crankcase filter &am=modifiedbroad&an=msn_s

1 - 14 of 14 Posts