Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we really have to have the really annoying pop-up advertisements that appear on every image posted?

And furthermore, who is getting the money from them?

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Do we really have to have the really annoying pop-up advertisements that appear on every image posted?

And furthermore, who is getting the money from them?
Can you try logging off and logging back in to the forum again, please?
Let me know if it continues.
I have just browsed the forum from my ´guest´PC (and browsing as a guest, so not logged in) and i also got a pop up !!
It seems that LOGGING IN again will solve this issue...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you try logging off and logging back in to the forum again, please?
Let me know if it continues.
I have just browsed the forum from my ´guest´PC (and browsing as a guest, so not logged in) and i also got a pop up !!
It seems that LOGGING IN again will solve this issue...
Thanks, that sorted the problem

·
Registered
602 Posts
However the site does require an income to run, it's not exactly cheap to host something this size with a decent footfall that hosts video's.

If there was a 'Donate to remove ads', I would most certainly be in line for that. (Hint Admins)

·
Super Moderator
1,059 Posts
AdBlockPlus get my vote. It makes Chrome (my browser of choice) serene.

That said, I would be happy to donate a small amount to help cover the costs of the forum. I'm a donor member of the Guzzi and Tiger forums that I'm active on.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I agree.
Being a mod does not exclude me from becoming a ¨paying¨subscriber & i would also happily donate a small amount in order to keep the site running efficiently.
Ultimately its up to the Admins, but as i understand (for now) once we are logged in all ads are removed.

·
Super Moderator
1,059 Posts
Just to get philosophical for a moment, I do appreciate that many websites need advertising to support their activities. That's why I do prefer to pay for ad-free content, as well as using an ad blocker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts