Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You did get a new crush washer and not -gulp- reuse the old, right?

Funny you should say that...I did buy a crush washer but didn't use It , the original washer docent look like a crush washer to me It looks like a 1/16 thick ordinary steel washer so I reused It ....again . Rode the bike about 50 miles this morning and no leaks ...Now I'm not saying you shouldn't change It and I'm sure people will flame me for not doing so , but like I said to my eyes It docent look like a crush washer .

·
Registered
712 Posts
Cheap? Even doing it yourself isn't cheap any more.

The Castrol Power-1 full synthetic I intend to use costs over $15 quart. Jeez. I feel like I came out of a lengthy coma. I mean, wasn't it just a few years ago when the PREMIUM oil like Mobil-1 was $5/quart?

-GPz (apparently the G stands for Geezer)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Cheap? Even doing it yourself isn't cheap any more.

The Castrol Power-1 full synthetic I intend to use costs over $15 quart. Jeez. I feel like I came out of a lengthy coma. I mean, wasn't it just a few years ago when the PREMIUM oil like Mobil-1 was $5/quart?

-GPz (apparently the G stands for Geezer)
Hey Geezer! Use your fingers and try Amazon. $37.06 for a 6 pack! ?
I paid $52 last year. Free shipping in USA.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did the same thing, 6pack from amazon around $37, and a K&N oil filter, KN-204-1, not sure why I bought the KN 204-1 instead of just the KN-204, not sure what the -1 is? anyone have any clue on this? Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts