Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently riding around on an Iron 883 and since I like to keep my options open and continue to experience a wide range of bikes, i'm here to do more digging in to the new Triumph Bobber. Always liked the minimalist look these have and from the pictures i've seen, Triumph executed well.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I like the 883 Iron and 1200 Nighster. 883 a bit small motor wise but both bikes look great. I liked the ABS and other feature the Triumph has over the Nighster. The hard tail look is what sold it for me. Love the long low fender.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I suggest going to a dealership and riding one. Better bring your wallet though, there is very good likelihood you will want to take one home. I've had several bikes, from Harleys to Choppers. I went and drove this after testing an Indian Scout (Nice Bike) but I was immediately sold on the Triumph. It just felt better to me.

Coming from a bike that has endless aftermarket options, I think your only issue would be lack of available aftermarket parts. Eventually I'm sure there will be plenty, but the bike is still new, so not many vendors are making parts yet. Fortunately, relative to performance, not much is needed. The bike sounds pretty good stock, but coming from a Harley, you may want a little more rumble.

I've been in contact with several exhaust manufacturers. Most have something on the drawing board, but it may be 6 months or so before we see considerable options.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My first Harley was an 883. I put a bunch of miles on it. If you really want to know about the Bobber, go find a dealer. You will be amazed at the comfort, torque, and responsiveness. I think Triumph just nailed it. For a factory bike, its just about perfect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts