Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.

I got a little old and basically retired from riding motorcycles after enjoying it for decades. But then one day about six months ago a shockingly gorgeous Bobber Black rolled by me at a gas station and I got the fever again. I ignored it and took some of my wife's antibiotics but it just wouldn't go away. So I've been lurking on here since then and letting you zealots get me all lathered-up about actually buying a BB.

Recently the snow started flying, the 2019 models started appearing at dealers and I landed a price on a 2018 leftover that no self-respecting motorcyclist with taste and a job could possibly resist. So I pulled the Triumph trigger -- a new Bobber Black for a Christmas present to myself! Yum!

Since I've owned it for the better part of five minutes and I've sat on it twice, I figure it's finally time to start modifying the ol' girl. A new Corbin saddle is on the way, and many other options are under serious consideration.

Anyway, I'll probably be on here annoying you fine folks from time to time with silly questions and occasional mindless ramblings. Hope you don't mind.

-GPz/Gary

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum mate and wonderful news about your Bobber.

I know the feeling well, earlier this year I happened to see a BB on the Triumph website and within a dar or so had sold something precious and within a week ordered one - never looking back..:grin2:

Photo is the day I picked 'Charlotte' up and been modifying her ever since.

Cheerio,

Roy

GPZ, now those letters brings back some memories of the 80's..:laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roy. I've read lots of your posts and saw your cools mod's. I can barely wait till spring.

GPz/Gary

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Great intro and you’ll feel right at home here rambling about Bobbers, bikes, beer, life and just about any other topic you care to bring up :smile2:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome to the forum, as you can see, bikes are a habit that once smitten can never be forgotten :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Welcome and lets us know where you are in your profile maybe.

I'll post a copy of my birth certificate later :D

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Hi all.

I got a little old and basically retired from riding motorcycles after enjoying it for decades. But then one day about six months ago a shockingly gorgeous Bobber Black rolled by me at a gas station and I got the fever again. I ignored it and took some of my wife's antibiotics but it just wouldn't go away. So I've been lurking on here since then and letting you zealots get me all lathered-up about actually buying a BB.

Recently the snow started flying, the 2019 models started appearing at dealers and I landed a price on a 2018 leftover that no self-respecting motorcyclist with taste and a job could possibly resist. So I pulled the Triumph trigger -- a new Bobber Black for a Christmas present to myself! Yum!

Since I've owned it for the better part of five minutes and I've sat on it twice, I figure it's finally time to start modifying the ol' girl. A new Corbin saddle is on the way, and many other options are under serious consideration.

Anyway, I'll probably be on here annoying you fine folks from time to time with silly questions and occasional mindless ramblings. Hope you don't mind.

-GPz/Gary

Welcome!!! There's no such thing as an ex-motorcyclist, just a motorcyclist that doesn't have a bike at the moment!
0:)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

I'm 72 and had almost retired from riding. I was at the point where it was hard for me to lift my leg over standard motorcycles. The Bobber was just the ticket. Easy to get on and ride. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

I'm 72 and had almost retired from riding. I was at the point where it was hard for me to lift my leg over standard motorcycles. The Bobber was just the ticket. Easy to get on and ride. :laugh:
I was only 63 when I got the Speedmaster, but as a result of knee surgery had exactly that problem with my Guzzi Stelvio...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts